Skip to main content

It's that time of the year again. I know that plenty of prime rib recipes have been posted on this forum throughout the years but the one that has worked wonderfully for me is contained in the link I've attached. It's simple, easy and produces the best prime rib that I've ever eaten. I printed a copy of this recipe a few years back when the photos were still available, but I noticed they're just "X" now. No worry, you don't need the pics. I think the key to this recipe is the long rest with the smoker at 140 degrees. Check it out:

Prime Rib Recipe
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by Pags:
Trucky. You didn't feel a need to finish it off in a hot oven to develop a crust? Pictures would have probably answered this for me.

I'm looking forward to the Christmas prime rib.

Pags- Actually I do finish mine off under the broiler for about 5-7 minutes, it helps to get a nice crust.

I should have been more specific about how I use this recipe. I follow it more for the time/temp aspect, not necessarily for the rub, wood, etc that LA BBQ used. I don't use Pappy's rub but instead I use Lawry's Season Salt and dried rosemary rubbed over night. Lawry's is my "go to" for many things beef. I used to put the garlic and rosemary in the woodbox but any more I just leave the box empty.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.