Skip to main content

Greetings All,
I have finally after months and months of exploring options have settled on the 008. I placed the order yesterday. I cannot wait for this machine to arrive. I do not remember being so excited about getting something new. This will be my first smoker. My dad has a pit with the offset firebox that I have played with, but this will be my first one. I have already in some ways mastered the art of smoking on a regular old propane grill as much as that can be considered, but I cannot wait to set this up and get some food in there. I look forward to sharing all the results with all of you and trading ideas and feedback....Dave.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welome to the CS Forum DK. Just remember it isn't done till it's done and tell all your friends that while CS is the best of all smokin' methods, your Q skills tooks months and years of slaving over your smoker (doing what I don't know), but if they think that smokin' is as easy on a CS as it really is, they might not truly appreciate what you are about to prepare for them to enjoy! Wink
DK -- Welcome to te forum and congrats on your purchase. You'll not be disappointed! Big Grin

Make sure to read Smokin Okies BBQ Guides and Lessons for New Users. This may save some disappointment in the near term. These units are a bunch different than dad's offset.

There's a bunch of fine people here to help and assist with BBQ questions and advice!

Good luck and have fun!
Last edited by wheelz
Hi Dk,

Ditto what those guys said!

When you get your smoker read the manual that tells you the dos, dont's, and how tos.

Season it up as the manual says.

Then pick up the "Smoking at Home" cook book, and skim through it to get ideas on all the great food you can start smoking/ bbqing.

Then put the book away with all your other cook books, and log on to this forum for correct times and temps. The recipes in the book are fine, ya just can't go by the times. That's why Smokin's guides are so valuable when getting started.

Have fun!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.