Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Here is one from allrecipes that is simple enough.

Ranch Dressing

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh chives
1 1/2 teaspoons minced shallot
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon-style prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon celery seed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIRECTIONS:
In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, mayonnaise, buttermilk, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, chives, shallot, mustard and celery seed. Refrigerate for one hour to allow the flavors to blend.
Tom, thanks so much, I'll give that one a try. J: thanks also.
Bill, yes we have Costcos here, although they are about 40% Taiwanized!!! They're a life saver though, still get a good portion of my supplies for the rest. there every month. They're a bit inconsitent on supplies, sometimes gest on your nerves: they'll have something one month, then not carry it. Guess you have to sell to the local market more than the expats here though. Hope you're well.
Steve.
Hidden Valley has been making the original Ranch Dressing mix for over 30 years. You can buy the mix at any grocery store in my area, Wal-Mart, Albertsons, in packets, or in larger plastic jars for regular users.

Just mix the powder with milk and Kraft Mayo and you have the original ranch dressing in about 1/2 an hour.
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
[qb] Thanks Barry,

Formosa who posted the original question lives overseas, so he can't buy the package version. And some people just want to make home made. [/qb]
Now that he knows the name and since he has internet access maybe he can order it.
We use the buttermilk dressing recipe from Betty Crocker cookbook. It is simpe and we get raving reviews all the time. Occasionally we add fresh cucumber which we have spun in the blinder. Try it you'll like it.

2 parts good mayonaise
1 part buttermilk
fresh garlic to taste (run thru blender)
fresh onion (run thru blender)
diced parsley
salt
black pepper

Make it up a day ahead so the garlic and onions have time to mellow the mayonaisse.

For my book beats Hidden Valley hands down.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.