Skip to main content

Went on a shopping spree at Restaurant Depot in Orlando a couple of weeks ago, Got a one-day pass using my KCBS membership card.

I was like a kid in a candy store. I stocked up on all manner of smoker fodder, cheese, and seafood. Blew over half the household grocery budget in one trip. Took two coolers to get the goods home.

Better prices than Sam's and lots of selection. I *LOVE* this place!

Next time I gotta remember to take a jscket. All the perishable are in a refrigerated warehouse...and they keep it very cold.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by AndyJ:
And I thought you were from Maine? You should be able to walk around there in shorts! Wink

One can stand cold temps when scantily dressed if one becomes acclimated to the colder temps over a period of weeks. Cool To suddenly go from 85 degrees to 33 degrees is quite a shock Eeker

I'm back in Maine working until December 21st. I'm comtemplating what I will smoke on the 22nd when I am reunited with my CS. I'm thinkin' ribs. I was never a rib fan before I started making my own in the CS. Now I *love* 'em! I was a big fan of whole smoked chicken before.
quote:
Originally posted by AndyJ:
Just being a smart ass. Wink Us northerners are naturally cold blooded.

Actually, the longer I stayed in the cooled warehouse the less I felt the cold. Once I realized I was no longer cold, and hadn't felt cold for the last 10 minutes, I knew it was time to get out for a few minutes before I started to shivver. I got warmed up and dove back in.

I bought all that stuff, vacuum sealed it, froze it, and left shortly afterwards for Maine. I haven't had so much as a taste of anything I bought yet. I can't wait to get home and do some cookin!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.