Skip to main content

The weatherman has rain in forecast for the weekend so when I got home I went out to the shop and started up the mower. Takes 2 1/2 hours to cut. Walk up to the house and I've got a box settin at the door! It's from Que'n RN. Very Kool!! I'll have to send somkin a picture so I can post it. Until then trust me, I recived a very nice collection of Rubs, Sauce, almonds, even a new apron. Thanks Que'n. Nice job!!
Well, this is a funny story...

My box has been in my house Since Thursday. Since my husband is away in Japan, my daughter said you cant touch that box because I told Daddy about something to order for Moms day and I think that's it.

Box went on dining room table until today when I remembered to ask hubby about it when he called. He said no, I didn't order anything (OUCH)!

What a surprise I had when I opened it. WHO NEEDS MORE FOR MOMS DAY, IAM VERY HAPPY NOW! THANKS RICH!!!!!!!

At first I really thought it was a candle by the way it was so professionally packed, and the box did say Bitter Creek Candle Co.

There really was a candle in there, all the way on the bottom. That was the first thing I opened, I lit it right away, my house now smells like fresh baked bread, YUM!

There is a big bunch of stuff to go thru, so I need to take more time later today to taste and read labels.

5 bottles of sauce, Smoked Celtic sea salt (smells like heaven) and a bunch of rubs, and can't forget the Habanero Death Dust (I am very afraid!).

PIC to follow later today!

Thank you very much Rich H, you have out done yourself I am sure. My house really does smell so good right now. I can't wait to go on line and look up your day job!!! Also, did Penzys change their comapny name? I used to always order from them, but it has been a while.

Vicki
Enjoy!
I read you don't like really spicy stuff but sent the Death Dust anyway because I think you will still like it, it really has a great flavor, normally when I use it I start with a very light coating of it and then add my normal rub(s).
I have used Penzy's and The Spice House and prefer The Spice House, plus they are one day shipping from me and have 5 retail stores in the Wisconsin Chicago area.

Glad you are enjoying the candle there was a little room in the box so I had to fill it Smiler
Rich, you are awesome! The death dust is hot, but very tasty as you said. I asked about Penzy's because it mentions the death of their founder in the front cover and his name is Penzy.

I had to take ribs out of the freezer just before so I could try one of the rubs/sauces for dinner...

Also, I looked thru your companies web page and can't find a link to see the finished pdts, like the candle you sent me, for sale. Since the one you sent me smells so good, I am sure everything else I order will too!

Pics will be posted later today! Oh, yes we like sweet best, but you always need something to add spice, even after the fact. Its my youngest who wont eat it if its spicy. Thank you for taking that into consideration. Also, it is so funny, dont know if you realized this, but...The company which some of the pdts came from is called Oak Ridge. That is the town I live in Big Grin
Boy, you weren't kidding when you said the post office would be sorry for coming up with "If it fits, it ships" I think even if you reopened the box to put in the information, then everything might not fit.

The only casualty was the Mississippi BBQ sauce-it leaked just a little around the top, but nothing serious.

Can't wait to try EVERYTHING! The Mississippi BBQ sauce tasts great. Looking forward to using the maple sugar. The maple syrup is fantastic with the brine for bacon and I like to add it in with my breakfast sausage mix. Mrs. Que'n has her eye on several of the rubs for using other than just with smoking.

Your homemade rub- WOW -obviously garlic and black pepper- what else? Good on...? Absolutely delicious.

The fajita mixes look like they may be good on some jerky, too.

I just can't thank you enough for your selections. They won't last too long around here.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • my_package_edited-1
Wow is all I can say about the box I received from Joe M yesterday!!!! Really good lookin stuff I can't wait to try. Smoked almonds and pecans that my wife wanted to open right away and I said we need pics first. Some Chimichuri condiment that will be great on steaks or bread dip, Korean BBQ marinade for flank steak, matouks hot sauce/salsa. These obviously are hard to come by and very cool sauces.
4 rubs that include a poultry rub from World Grill, Jamaican Jerk rub that I can't wait to use on a PB and chicken, Fast Eddy's BBQ rub that I haved used but am out of and love it, and last but not least is a homemade rub that Joe made for me. I always love to try homemade rubs!
I also received some incredible Benne Wafers. They are so very good that they sure wont last long if I don't hide them, especially when my grand daughters show up.
I will get pics later today after I get caught up in the garden and yard. Thanks Joe so very much for all the thought you put into the package and I am certainly looking forward to trying everything!!!
Well, where do I start, the Mississippi BBQ sauce is my personal sauce, I just used that bottle to package it in. My daughter works at Chicken Shack and she said it had to go in the box, it actually is not too bad for a chain sauce.
The E&L fajita steak and chicken seasoning is addicting. I use that stuff on everything non BBQ. I had to let it run out so I would use some of my other spices that was stacking up.
My wife loves the maple sugar on her ribs with some honey tin foiled for a spell(Cal says it's too sweet but what the heck does he know Smiler. Now Michigan isn't a big BBQ state but there are a couple of Michigan made sauces I sent, and while I was at the big market in Detroit I saw the home made jam and figured what the heck and sent those along also. I wanted to grab some Garlic jelly that a fellow makes downriver but he wasn't at the show, it is truly delicious.
My rub is without sugar, so you want to cut it 1 to 1 with your favorite sugar before you rub it on. Seems to stay better without the sugar added.
The maple syrup is home made by a gent in Clair Mi, (about 4 hours from My place) but he is always at the market. He makes multiple grades, your bottle is a grade C (Heavy-dark)deep flavor.
The MO-JO is supposed to be a Cuban rub, that with all the others are new ones I ran across and haven't tried. Enjoy!
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki B:
I asked about Penzy's because it mentions the death of their founder in the front cover and his name is Penzy.

Also, I looked thru your companies web page and can't find a link to see the finished pdts, like the candle you sent me, for sale. Since the one you sent me smells so good, I am sure everything else I order will too!

Also, it is so funny, dont know if you realized this, but...The company which some of the pdts came from is called Oak Ridge. That is the town I live in Big Grin

I didn't even notice that on the cover, I ordered a catalog for myself also.

We do not make any finished products, we sell the supplies to make them. We do have to test products and that is how your candle came to be.

I confess, I didn't notice, I did pack the box but the shipping department took care of the rest. I buy most of my rubs from Oak Ridge BBQ and I haven't been disappointed yet. Their Secret Weapon is my go to for pork and chicken.
Thanks Rich. I have ribs in the smoker right now and 1/2 rack has TSH's Northern Style rub on it and a full rack has the Northern Style mixed with the Bronzeville Rib Rub (has more spice). I am gonna be serving the apple cinnamon sauce with them, everything I have tasted so far is so delicious.

YOU MEAN I HAVE TO START MAKING MY OWN CANDLES TOO! Big Grin
Just a note to let the group know that my box won't be in the mail until Tuesday morning. Bless my wife's heart, she was helping pack up my box on Saturday because I was out of town, and unfortunately one of the sauce jars met the floor and shattered everywhere. I'm running to pick up another jar today and will pack everything up and get it sent out on Tuesday. Sorry for the delay folks!
quote:
Originally posted by David Qualls:
I received a Big Box of Nice Things! I will post some pics very soon.

Thanks Cook One!

I've been gone all last week (Talladega) and came home to some things that required my immediate attention. However I ordered the first of my stuff to head straight up the midwest. Hope it's not too Cheezy there.....hint...hint...

I came home from work and found a very nice package sitting on my front porch. Thank you David Qualls for all the goodies, they will be put to good use very soon!

quote:
Originally posted by RichH:
quote:
Originally posted by David Qualls:
I received a Big Box of Nice Things! I will post some pics very soon.

Thanks Cook One!

I've been gone all last week (Talladega) and came home to some things that required my immediate attention. However I ordered the first of my stuff to head straight up the midwest. Hope it's not too Cheezy there.....hint...hint...

I came home from work and found a very nice package sitting on my front porch. Thank you David Qualls for all the goodies, they will be put to good use very soon!

If I remember correctly this is just part of your package. Smiler Nice Score from Butchers!!!
Wow! What a score from Vicki! Six sauces, a rub and some homemade beef jerkey!

Let's see, got three Hoboken Eddie's sauces. Mean Green, which is a roasted Jalapeno & lime juice. Hukilau Hannah, a Teriyaki & Ginger sauce and Homemade BBQ. Then we got two Funni Bonz Sauces, Sweet & Tangy Mustard sauce and Spicy sauce. And I get to be a guinea pig for this one, Old Schoolhouse BBQ Sause. I guess Vicki hasn't tried that one yet. And finally a signature pork rub made by a local meat market, Sussex Market.

Can't wait to try some of these sauces.

Thanks again Vicki!

I apologize for the dealy in posting my pictures.

Cook One really put out a spread for me.

A fine assortment of Rubs, Sauce, Marinade, A T-Shirt that Fits! and a beautiful Wooden Rib Serving Board!

Here are some close up pics of the items

This Rib Serving Board is a beautiful piece of wood made of Maple with Walnut Strips inserted to accent the craftmanship of this presentation piece. I plan to use this for demonstrations as well as just plain ole serving straight off of the smoker nights here at the house!

Thanks Again! This was so much fun. I still have a second goodie Pack to send out to my receipeint, RichH. Please bear with me.

I always send out a pack from Butchers BBQ not only because David (Butcher) is a forum member and Cookshack user, but his Products are proven winners, His Business is just about 20 miles up the road from me, and most importantly, He is a genuine nice person. He is always free to lend advice when asked during comps and epitomizes the true spirit of a friendly competitor in the BBQ Industry.
Andy - I truly hope you are not just being kind. I would love it if you had any criticisms and told me, that is the only way I will be able to better the jerky! I am always trying new seasoning combos, I like this one. But there are lots of other ways to improve as well.

David Qualls - I second that on the David compliments. He was so sweet (just like his yummy BBQ Sauce) when I spoke to him on the phone. Everything I have used from him has been great!
Looking over all the goodies people are getting, a lot that I have never heard of please try to comment on your thoughts of all the sauces you've received. That way we can maybe try to get a few different items without having to buy a grocery store worth goodies to try. I know different people like different taste but it would be a start.
Maybe it's just us rust belt people don't have the full exposure to all these rubs and sauces. Smiler

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.