Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by SteveChris10sen:
Well, a big thanks to S&H (Steve and Holly) for the crazy amount of stuff that they were able to jam into the box that arrived at my house on Wednesday (just picked up today though because I wasn't home Wednesday so had to reroute to a FedEx store). I'm still working my way through it, but in the meantime, see below for a photo. Many thanks to them for the thought and time they put into this. I hope to spend Saturday experimenting with some of the goods.

Steve, We're glad you got your box, Really happy you like what was in
It. Sorry no lawn furniture this time. Lol

S&H
Great exchange! You guys all did really well. I think we have 1, maybe 2 more boxes to go. I have the sheet at work and I will verify when I get there. This was a lot of fun. I am glad you guys made it as easy as it has been. Enjoy your "swag" the next few weeks, and don't forget to take pictures.

I am inviting the family over Sunday for pulled pork dinner. All of my sauces from the echange will be out and I will be taking notice of which were everyones favorites. It's been 8 weeks on this diet. I am -25 pds and counting! I have been still able to enjoy the great smoked foods my cookshack puts out. What I have figured out is, it isn't the meat that does it to us...it's those damn sides and breads!!! Oh and the Beer! Cheers everyone!
Padrefan, thanks again for doing this, great organization as usual! Congrats n the 25lbs. Its a hard thing to do.

Smoked the turkey wings mentioned above. They came out really nice. 300* to about 180-185. Very good flavor from the Amish marinade mixed with more mustard, honey, orange juice concentrate, vinegar and salt. Thanks again Rich, nice product.
Received from Cal Monday. Three rubs, two sauces, pork injection koozies and apron. All I've had time to do was stick my finger in everything to taste! Looking forward to using the Blues Hog and Plowboy's Yardbird Rub (maybe on same meat!). I have seen references to both of these often on this and other forums. I've never used an injection before but will "trust my butcher" on this one.

Thanks for the great selection Cal! Razzer
Last edited by ismoke
What a wonderful way to end a crappy Friday, I was so mad when I left work no doubt my BP was cranked up and I walked in the house and a smile fell over my face. I had to go out to the garage and borrow the wife's dog grooming table instead of cleaning the kitchen table. Thanks so much, can't wait for the beer to get cold, and everything made it safe and sound. The Butchers injection leaked a little but not enough to matter. The almonds are fantastic.So many new things to try, looks like the 025 should be happy for the next couple of weeks.
Thanks again iSmoke and I would worry more about My dogs than my neighbors, there bigger. Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by iSmoke:
Thanks for the great selection Cal!

Your welcome, but dang after seeing the fine box you sent Bubba, I feel like I short changed you...Sorry for that, maybe if you get up towards KC, we can all get together and I'll make it right?

That Gates sauce is what I use to think all sauces should be compared too. It should go great with beef/burnt ends!

Heat that Blues Hog up in your smoker before using it as a glaze, heck you might cut it a little with some AJ if you want a glaze instead of saucing your ribs.
quote:
Originally posted by cal:
quote:
Originally posted by iSmoke:
Thanks for the great selection Cal!

Your welcome, but dang after seeing the fine box you sent Bubba, I feel like I short changed you...Sorry for that, maybe if you get up towards KC, we can all get together and I'll make it right?

That Gates sauce is what I use to think all sauces should be compared too. It should go great with beef/burnt ends!

Heat that Blues Hog up in your smoker before using it as a glaze, heck you might cut it a little with some AJ if you want a glaze instead of saucing your ribs.

Cal,
When you coming to Michigan to compete, I want to try some of the Cal Trio, Beef, Chicken, and Pork. Smiler
Hey Bubba!, Sounds like a plan, I'll even feed the family.

WOOHOO!!!....I just received a fine box from SteveChris10sen, THANKS so much.

There were some rubs from Spice House...Bronzeville Rib Rub,Brisket of Love BBQ Rub, Gary Wiviott's BBQ Seasoning. 2 bottles of Kitty's sauce, some sauce and rub from Smoque. A generous sampling of smoked almonds. Thanks again Steve.
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
Hey Cook One.

I sent you the links, but I haven't seen the photos, so hope you don't mind me posting them.

Thank you so much for doing this Smokin, I have been so busy I have not been able to figure out the posting. This is a great box sent by 2nd Hand. Everything looks like it is going to be fun to try. Some of it I have never seen before, which I think is maybe the best part of the exchange. As I posted before the homemade preserves were DOA, Mr. Brown was tough on the box.

Any way great stuff. Cal it was not as hard to post the "Tide plaque" as it was for a Corn Husker to make it. As we say in the South it's either Alabama or Auburn. For me War Eagle, for my wife not so much, we are a house divided, so this fits in fine. Thanks again 2nd Hand.
Cook I took a wild guess on the Bama wreath. My guess stemmed from the bag of chips you sent me last exchange. You mentioned that they were made popular by Bear Bryant???? My wife makes those and sells them and can make any type of theme desired. They seem to be very popular. Maybe I should have her make one for your wife so all of Alabama is represented?? My wife has so many talents and certainly puts me to shame!
quote:
Originally posted by 2nd Hand Smoke:
Cook I took a wild guess on the Bama wreath. My guess stemmed from the bag of chips you sent me last exchange. You mentioned that they were made popular by Bear Bryant???? My wife makes those and sells them and can make any type of theme desired. They seem to be very popular. Maybe I should have her make one for your wife so all of Alabama is represented?? My wife has so many talents and certainly puts me to shame!

She did a great job. Like I mentioned we are a house divided do it fits right in. Irregardless of Bear Bryant being associated with Golden Flake chips, they are the best chips in the south. Thanks again
In the 80's today, good day to make some que. New Joy-zee Que!

3lb rack of St. Louis cut ribs, used the Sussex Market rub from Vicki.

Into the smoker at 280 for just over 3 hrs, a little Old Schoolhouse Sause for the finish. Was rather surprised the cook time was so short. But the toothpick doesn't lie.

Good stuff!

Thanks Vicki!
Thanks Ismoke, good to know its that tasty. I have a pork shoulder in the smoker right now for an overnighter with some Oakridge pork rub, passed the.out of the package taste test with high marks. I am gonna try their web site tomorrow. I got one of TSHs catalogs alo.g with my rubs, havent read thru it yet.

Andy, that rack of ribs is real nice. I am glad you enjoyed the sauce and rub. I purchased the rub for myself and have not gotten to use it yet.
Ismoke,
The beer was fantastic, the wife would like me to have the recipe for the sweet and spicy almonds, there gone, Frowner, I'm going to see if I can buy the pickles online, me and my daughter have just about taken care of those. I can't wait to tryout the some of the other goodies, currently working on a three day smoke for the holiday weekend next week.
I actually picked us some spices yesterday for the next exchange. This was great. Smiler
Okay, I've got a complaint Padre.

All those GREAT photos and everyone isn't telling us what's in them. Some secret rubs, homestuff.

Lots of good looking items.

Next time? Maybe have everyone list the items (or the sends send a list with them). Photos help, but some don't have labels and I can't tell from the photos what some of the stuff is.

... feeling left out this exchange Frowner
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki B:
Smokin, are u trying to live vicariously thru us???

Yes, I don't have enough BBQ in my life right now. Now I get my new pork rub and new beef rub delivered from the Co-Packer tonight for the restaurant. So have to do testing and THEN maybe I can get it bottled for sale in the restaurant. And then we'll do sauce. Have four of them. Sweet, Smoky, Hot and Too Hot to ask.

But I don't want to threadjack.

Yes, I'm feeling leftout Padre, but now you know why I didn't sign up.

You did an AWESOME job of setting this up, thanks again!!!!!!
quote:
So Smokin, does.that mean some samll samples could be headed our way one day???

Hmm, now why didn't I think about that Big Grin

I'm thinking ONLY those people that join in the next exchange might get something, but since I'm paying for the shipping, I can't ship free to the whole forum.
quote:
quote:

I'm thinking ONLY those people that join in the next exchange might get something, but since I'm paying for the shipping, I can't ship free to the whole forum.

What?
Cook,

Not trying to be confusing, you just to follow the sub threads within the overall thread Big Grin

Vicky asked about free samples of my new rubs and sauces. I'm not going to offer it for free, so I'm thinking more of a reward for people who DO participate in the forum, such as this exchange.

Let's leave it at that, not to threadjack and we'll discuss it in the fall. I just got my first 25lb box for testing of my rubs, they are not available for sale yet.
quote:
Smokin, are u trying to live vicariously thru us???

I'd bet that Smokin is not the only mamber that has been "living vicariously" Wink

From the pictures I've seen, there isn't a box I wouldn't have been glad to get! I also enjoy the feedback as it helps me decide what I'll buy online and what to include in my next box Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by Cook One:
quote:
quote:

What?

My What? was all that got out before a computer issue. What I was going to say is What? count me in on your stuff even if I pay shipping.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.