Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by AndyJ:
Willie’s Hog Dust Microwave Original BBQ Pork Rind Pellets???

Do tell. Sounds interesting.

They are awesome. Original, Sweet, & Hot. Microwave on a paper plate for about 3 minutes. Perfect and not greasy like the fried ones. Willie is from Sumpter, SC. Check out his YouTube on it.

WILLIESHOGDUST.COM
quote:
Originally posted by Joe M:
quote:
Willie’s Hog Dust Microwave Original BBQ Pork Rind Pellets???

Do tell. Sounds interesting.

They are awesome. Original, Sweet, & Hot. Microwave on a paper plate for about 3 minutes. Perfect and not greasy like the fried ones. Willie is from Sumpter, SC. Check out his YouTube on it.

WILLIESHOGDUST.COM

Don't miss the PIG CANDY!
Chocolate covered pork rinds! Genius!
(I make the homemade version using DARK chocolate & his spicy pellets.)
Last edited by joem
Joe,
You're right, I'm still enjoying the selection of Perfect Bite Rubs from the last exchange. Smiler

I keep making notes on the use of the various items you sent and the information is much appreciated!

I'm coming off a week of the wife's family reunion where I did a lot of smoking so after recovering from all that family I'll have to get to it and start sampling all the great stuff!

Thanks again.
quote:
Originally posted by cal:
Thanks Wilber for the nice box, it was way more then I had expected......

I'll try to get a list posted in a few days of all the contents, thanks again. Cool

Your very welcome Cal, let me know if you have any questions or comments. I really enjoy these exchanges, get some great products from some great people!!
Hope you did well at your latest comp!
Apologies to all - it took me a week to recover from the 4th Smiler

Someone who looks North once a year to decide whether or not to put the snow blower away and start planting spring flowers should be getting a package on Tues/Weds - it left Seattle on Saturday via USPS Priority. Hope you enjoy.

Also, I received my box this last Thursday...but haven't been home to open it yet. Tonight is the night - and I have that little kid on Christmas Eve feeling right about now! Stay tuned for an update.

Smokin'O
quote:
Originally posted by Wilber:
quote:

I'll try to get a list posted in a few days of all the contents, thanks again. Cool

Your very welcome Cal, let me know if you have any questions or comments. I really enjoy these exchanges, get some great products from some great people!!
Hope you did well at your latest comp!

Another 3rd place overall finish, that makes it 4 times in the last 5 comps that it's been a 3rd overall. I use to be happy with it, but it's starting to get tiresome...oh well!
quote:

Willies Cajun BBQ sauce
Willies old fashioned BBQ sauce
Rufus Teague touch of heat
Quaker Steak & Lube Louisiana Lickers sauce
Quaker Steak & Lube BBQsauce
Quaker Steak & Lube Arizona Ranch
Liquid Stoopid Hot sauce
CaJohns Killer Chipotle
Pride of Szeged Rib Rub
Quaker Steak & Lube Rib Rub
Hickey Bottom Grillin Rub
Rufus Teague meat rub
Bone Suckin rub
Road killGrill seasoning
Stonewall kitchen Texas Rub
Rub some Butt rub
Candled Bacon ruo
Local PA Maple sugar
Local PA Raw Honey
Hocken Shake #1 all purpose seasoning
Memphis style rub #187
Ass Kickin Habanero popcorn
Peppered Jerky
HOTTTT jerky
BONUS ltem*** Twin FourStar ll HenckelsS in Chefs Knife
BONUS item**** Brisket and Butt spatula
BONUS item***** Willies Smoke House Hat
Got home and found a box on my front porch that looked like the USPS had used it as a soccer ball in the World Cup. Shook it, no rattling glass, nothing leaking. Opened it up and thanks to the Rapid City Journal, everything survived!

We got some:

Whoops Ass Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
D. L. Jardine's Chik'n Lik'n Sauce
Swamp People Mudda Fricka Horseradish BBQ Sauce
Swamp People Gator Bait Seasoning
Plowboys Yardbird Rub
Riekers Rib & Brisket BBQ Rub
Three Little Pigs BBQ Rub
Killer Hogs THE BBQ RUB

THANKS DakotaSmoke! Can't wait to try some of these. I LOVE horseradish, never would have thought to combine it with BBQ sauce. That's why I love these exchanges!
Dave, This was what I received in the very first exchange. Doesn't look like a lot, but it's probably one of my favorite exchanges for one reason alone, one of THE BEST sauces I've ever tried. Spicy rub on some ribs, topped with that sweet sauce... NOM... NOM... NOM...

GaryT, Since I'm pretty sure she still won't give out the secret family recipe, ask Jan if she'll make me a gallon of that stuff? Everyone who's ever tried it loved it.

And yes, I did post this merely as an excuse to see if I can get some more of that awesome sauce! The check will be in the mail!
quote:
Dave, This was what I received in the very first exchange. Doesn't look like a lot, but it's probably one of my favorite exchanges for one reason alone, one of THE BEST sauces I've ever tried. Spicy rub on some ribs, topped with that sweet sauce... NOM... NOM... NOM...

And yes, I did post this merely as an excuse to see if I can get some more of that awesome sauce! The check will be in the mail!

Shameless! Wink
quote:
Got home and found a box on my front porch that looked like the USPS had used it as a soccer ball in the World Cup. Shook it, no rattling glass, nothing leaking. Opened it up and thanks to the Rapid City Journal, everything survived!

We got some:

Whoops Ass Chipotle Barbecue Sauce
D. L. Jardine's Chik'n Lik'n Sauce
Swamp People Mudda Fricka Horseradish BBQ Sauce
Swamp People Gator Bait Seasoning
Plowboys Yardbird Rub
Riekers Rib & Brisket BBQ Rub
Three Little Pigs BBQ Rub
Killer Hogs THE BBQ RUB

THANKS DakotaSmoke! Can't wait to try some of these. I LOVE horseradish, never would have thought to combine it with BBQ sauce. That's why I love these exchanges!

That is the coolest looking BBQ sauce bottle I've ever seen....
Thanks Shtrdave! Remember its not the quantity but the quality that matters. I love my box! Do you know how hard it is to get good maple syrup here--and you sent me 2 pounds! I use it on all my ribs, and I can see I will now need to be making pancakes more often. Taste tested the rubs--liked them both and anxious to try.

Isaly's Chopped Ham BBQ Sauce
Yeager Wing Dust
Hess Pennsylvania Maple Syrup (32 oz!)
Shtrdave's Homemade Rub

You did great, thank you!

Attachments

Images (1)
  • bbq_exchange
quote:
Originally posted by Soleman:
Cool. I like to add a sprinkling of black pepper with that rib tickler. Hope you like it. I was turned on to it by Smokinmaineiac from our last exchange.

That Mr B's BBQ sauce is outstanding. I tasted it cold and can't wait to have it on the ribs. I usually like mine with no sauce but usually do a few with sauce for my kids. The sauce is so good I have to put it on all of them! Should be eating is an hour or so!!
Hmmm... Hey DakotaSmoke, have you tried the Swamp People Gator Bait seasoning on anything? Just wondering what to use it on? We don't have much gator up here. Well, there is a place I keep forgetting to call that's supposed to have it. But anyhow, the reason I ask is the main ingredient is Celery Salt, don't think that would taste too good on ribs. VERY pronounced celery salt taste.

ING: Celery Salt, Spices(including mustard, red pepper, black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, allspice, ginger, mace, cardamom, cinnamon) and paprika

And... Refrigerate after opening. Confused

Anyone have any ideas? Fish? Seafood?
If you want to get some Mr. B's sauce, send me a PM and I will give you his contact info. You won't get a recipe but you can buy it. Kansas State Fair Champion. His proceeds go to a church ministry. Best sauce ever. It is a KC style sauce, a little sweet, with a little tang on the back end. It gets better if it has sat on the shelf for a couple months before opening. He also makes a hot version.
quote:
Hmmm... Hey DakotaSmoke, have you tried the Swamp People Gator Bait seasoning on anything? Just wondering what to use it on? We don't have much gator up here. Well, there is a place I keep forgetting to call that's supposed to have it. But anyhow, the reason I ask is the main ingredient is Celery Salt, don't think that would taste too good on ribs. VERY pronounced celery salt taste.

ING: Celery Salt, Spices(including mustard, red pepper, black pepper, bay leaves, cloves, allspice, ginger, mace, cardamom, cinnamon) and paprika

And... Refrigerate after opening. Confused

Anyone have any ideas? Fish? Seafood?

Brisket likes celery salt. Wink
quote:
Around here, we use celery salt for two things. Chicago Hot Dogs and Bloody Mary's. Not sure about experimenting with a brisket, so I think I'll try the flank steak route.

Thanks guys!

Andy,
When I pull it off the grill I squeeze a lime onto it,wrap it up, and let it rest. Then use the juices on the cutting board.
Let us know.
Cal has outdone himself again! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Plowboys BBQ Sweet 180 Sauce
Joe's B-B-Que Original Sauce
Butcher's Bird Booster Injection
Kosmos Reserve Blend Brisket Injection
Yoko's Spicy Teriyaki Marinade
Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade
Kansas City's Cowtown AP Rub
Kansas City's The Squeal HOG RUB
Weber Gourmet Burger Seasoning
Midwest MEX Dry Rub
BPS Happy Ending Finish Rub
Corky's Cookout Seasoning