Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by Joe M:
Cal has outdone himself again! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Plowboys BBQ Sweet 180 Sauce
Joe's B-B-Que Original Sauce
Butcher's Bird Booster Injection
Kosmos Reserve Blend Brisket Injection
Yoko's Spicy Teriyaki Marinade
Smoke on Wheels Pork Marinade
Kansas City's Cowtown AP Rub
Kansas City's The Squeal HOG RUB
Weber Gourmet Burger Seasoning
Midwest MEX Dry Rub
BPS Happy Ending Finish Rub
Corky's Cookout Seasoning
Stockyard BBQ Sauce
Burnt at Both Endz T-shirt!!!
Fin to Fur Hat
Wildbluebbq.com Spray Bottle
BBQ Decals
KCBS Decals
Johnson County Fair Decal
Operation BBQ Relief Tattoos
3 Coozies

Photo to come!

Thanks again to Cal & Padrefan!

Your welcome, some good stuff there and some "real" treasure's. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by cal:
A little background for you Joe....

Oklahoma Joe's is one of the top bbq joints in the KC, that jug of sauce could only be gotten while eating at the restaurant.

When they were competing and winning American Royal titles, they used rubs/sauces that were named "Cowtown". Wink

Cal,
I am a huge fan/supporter of The Kansas City BBQ Store! I like that I can buy bulk rubs. I have never tried their own rubs/sauces mainly because there are so many choices! I have reordered some of the rubs you sent me in the first exchange. I look forward to trying these and will proudly wear my Burnt at Both Endz Shirt!
THX!
Joe M
quote:
Originally posted by AndyJ:
While I was enjoying the pretzels, I had a flank steak grilling away. EVOO coated with some of the Swamp People Gator Bait Seasoning. Then finished off with a squeeze of lime.

Thanks JoeM! Turned out VERY good. Was needlessly worried about all the celery salt.

Wish I were there! Wink
Last edited by joem
Wings for lunch. Used a modified version of Adam Perry Lange's recipe. Took some wings and coated in Plowboy's Yardbird rub. Into an aluminum pan with about 2 TBSP of butter and a third of a cup of water, cover and onto the grill, indirect side for 45 minutes. Minced up 2 cloves of garlic and some green onion (white part) and added to about a cup of the liquid from the aluminum pan. Dunked the wings into the liquid and then onto a smoking hot grill, turn and baste with the liquid a few times until the skin get nice and crisp. Into a bowl and tossed with some of the D. L. Jardine's Chik'n Lik'n Sauce.

MMMM... MMMM... Something different than my usual hot wings, I'd make these again. Thanks DakotaSmoke!

I picked my box up on Wed. I believe, it came from Washington state so I am not sure who it is from but I believe it may be from Smokin'O as his is the only post that I noticed doesn't show where he is from. (I am assuming here that it is HE, I apologize if I am incorrect)

I received a wonderful box, with things I have and haven't heard of. None of which I have ever tried.

Thank you for the excellent box you definitely went above and beyond.

I tried some of the African Peri Peri on some shrimp tonight, it was fantastic, had a nice little bite to it.

I will try to attach pictures, hope it works.

John Henry Apple Rub
John Henry Chery Rub
John Henry Hawaiian Rib Rub

Rubs With Love (Tom Douglas)
African Peri Peri Rub
Exotic Mushroom Rub
Pork Rub
Bengal Masala Rub

Sauces
John Henry Honey BBQ Sauce
Rubs With Love Ancho & Molasses Sauce (Can't wait to try this one)

Also some recipes from Tom Douglas and a very nice hand written note.

Sorry I can't figure out how to attach more than one picture and now that it is there I can't figure out how to unattach.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG_1466
Shtrdave - Yes, the box was from me....sorry for signing the card in such a sloppy fashion! Glad to hear that you aren't familiar with any of the contents. If you're ever in Seattle, you must check out one or two of Tom Douglas's restaurants. By no means are they barbecue joints - but he is a magician with rubs and sauces. As I wrote in my note - he is a local food celebrity who does a lot of great charity work too!

AndyJ - Please accept my apologies for not posting sooner...though I tried a couple of times and ran into upload issues as my picture was too large and it wiped out my post. I received your incredible box a few days before I left to take a group of Cub Scouts to summer camp - it was my son's first summer camp experience! Needless to say, it nearly killed me to leave town for nearly a week instead of staying home to play with all the goodies you sent me (none of which I know!). Honestly, I was like a kid on Christmas morning opening up my box. My wife may think I'm crazy....but she never complains as she's feasting on my latest smoke-scapade Wink

Details on my box from AndyJ:

- Smoque BBQ Sauce Original ("One of the better local joints" - AndyJ)
- Smoque BBQ Sauce Spicy
- Chicago q Original Sauce (Owned by Competition PitMaster, Lee Ann Whippen)
- Chicago q Spicy Sauce
- 17th Street Barbecue Sauce (Owned by Champion BBQ competitor Mike Mills)
- Porkmofia Texas Gold Rub ("local guy who has been producing rubs for a while & also a BBQ competitor" - AndyJ)
- Porkmofia Memphis Mud ("one of my new favorite rubs for rubs, good on chicken too." - AndyJ)
- Chicago q Original Blend
- Big Poppa Smokers MONEY Rub (winner of multiple competitions including the 2012 American Royal & 2012 Jack Daniels)
- Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow ("I love that stuff on beef." - AndyJ)

First impressions:
1) In his note, AndyJ practically apologized for having to repackage a few of the rubs that are only available in bulk. Simply stated - based upon the labels and professionally installed freshness seals (which I'm certain that you have to have a license to install) AndyJ included with his "repackaged" goods I am definitely out of my league!
2) Simply Marvelous Peppered Cow is incredible by itself. This is the stuff that fairies dream of one day using as magic pixie dust. I CANNOT WAIT TO USE IT THIS WEEKEND!

Thanks to all - especially those who have gone before...sharing so much and coordinating an incredible website and exchange!

Smokin'O

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Smokin'O_BBQ_Exchange_-_Small_Pic
Well fellow BBqers, by all accounts this is the close of another great exchange. All recipients have received their packages. Once again, I am amazed by the generosity of this group of people. You guys found ways to send new products, old favorites, and interesting named items. The best part is, you will continue to use these products over the next several months and get to experiment with some great products from around the nation.

Goal for the next one- We need at least one international member to participate. Wouldn't that be fun? Postage might be pricey but I bet we could get a volunteer or two.

Have a great year everyone!

Continue success to the competition teams! You guys are living our dreams. Keep kicking ass!
quote:
Originally posted by Padrefan98:

Goal for the next one- We need at least one international member to participate. Wouldn't that be fun? Postage might be pricey but I bet we could get a volunteer or two.

Maybe we can get someone from Texas next time. What was that commercial a couple years ago... Texas, it's like a whole other country. Big Grin
quote:
I used some of Butcher's Honey Chicken Injection today on monster breasts. My wife said "don't make it any other way, ever again"! It really is quite good and quicker/easier than brining. I will cut back on the rub though as it was borderline salty.
Thanks Cal!

David let me try his new "Rotisserie" flavor bird booster this spring, I think he now has it for sale. You might want to get a bag of that flavor if you decide to order some more, it sure was unique.
Epic smoke this weekend! 12 pounds chicken, 45 pounds brisket, 45 pounds pork butt, and 18 racks of ribs. Got to use lots of exchange items. It all turned out great! Kosmos Brisket Injection, Smoked on Wheels Pork Injection, Cowtown Hog Squeal, 17th Street Magic Dust, Perfect Bite Rib Rub, Butcher Bird Booster Honey Injection, Blues Hog Sauce.
All items from past & present exchanges (some reordered).
Used some of the John Henry Cherry rub the other night on some chicken thighs, was pretty good to much cherry flavor for me so I may cut it with some other rub. The Tom Douglas rubs are great we made some chicken with more of it and thinking next time about mixing it in something and injecting.

Thank you guys for doing this, I have started looking for different things on my journeys so I will be ready for the next one.
quote:
Epic smoke this weekend! 12 pounds chicken, 45 pounds brisket, 45 pounds pork butt, and 18 racks of ribs. Got to use lots of exchange items. It all turned out great! Kosmos Brisket Injection, Smoked on Wheels Pork Injection, Cowtown Hog Squeal, 17th Street Magic Dust, Perfect Bite Rib Rub, Butcher Bird Booster Honey Injection, Blues Hog Sauce.
All items from past & present exchanges (some reordered).

Ok..how do a person get that many bones to showing? How hot was you cooking? Enquiring minds need to know this kinda stuff. Thanks.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.