Skip to main content

Did a search and found nothing on seafood sausage. I have the recipes for the sausage but wondering if anyone had had success smoking in an 008. Im assuming it won't take much time. I've even seen one recipe that suggests grilling after cooking to crisp-up the casing. Haven't done sausage yet in my 008 so don't know if casing need crisping. What way ya'll?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I'd say its purely personal preference Crackers. Just so long as, and this applies to ground meat sausage, you get the internal to between 152 & 155. I dont know what the internal on seafood sausage should be.

If your recipe isn't a secret I'd love to hear it. I came accross a catfish sausage recipe, but have not tried it yet.
WOW, had problems posting last night and earlier. Hope this one gets posted.

Here's the recipe for the seafood sausage. It is very, very good. the original recipe was intended to accompany pasta, but I've done it with several other things. Usually grill it in the end. but thought smoking would be good too. What do you think?

Florida Governor�s Cup For Seafood Excellence
Thistle Lodge Restaurant
Peter Harmon C.E.C.
Executive Chef

Seafood Sausage

Ingredients:
10 ea. Shrimp, (16-20 ct) peeled and deveined
10 ea. Large/Jumbo Sea Scallops, large muscles removed
3 ea. Green Scallions
3 toes Garlic
1 ea. Shallot, minced
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Pepper
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp Fresh Thyme
2 ea. Eggs (large)
3 ft. Pork Casings

Puree � shrimp and � scallops. Place in stainless steel bowl. Coarsely chop remaining shrimp and scallops. Slice scallions, mince garlic and shallots and add seasonings. Add eggs and mix well. Put mixture into pastry bag or sausage stuffer and pipe into pork casings. Makes 12 ea., 3 inch sausages.

Poke holes in casing with fork. Blanch in 150 degree water for 10 minutes. This sets the eggs and sausage shape. One might grill until warm and lightly browned, but I�m considering 30 to 45 minutes in the smoker for a smoky flavor.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.