Skip to main content

I am in the middle of smoking my first load of butts (20 lbs) on my new Amerique. set the temp to 225 inserted the temp probe into the meat set to 195 and off I went to bed. This morning I woke up to find the unit off the meat not fully cooked and the service light glowing red on my display and the unit off. Any thoughts and what the problem may be. Thanks a frustrated newbie!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Well Ive never had the Service Light come on but I would ask you this: is your smoker the only thing on the switch on your breaker panel, did you use an extension cord to plug the smoker in, and if yes what is the guage of that cord ?? I learned early on that my SM008 didn't work so well plugged into an extension cord my wife had laying around, it was 16 gauge, not enough. When I got my SM150 I had my electrician neighbor run a special 20 amp line out to the deck. Totally dedicated to one thing, the smoker. Never an issue opeating it.

Please help us by describing your setup a little more completely. Sorry you had the trouble. These smokers are really dead easy and dependable to operate.
I too just fired up my brand new Amerique. I seasoned it last night and everything was fine. Got up at 5:30 this morning to get it going for 25 lbs of prime rib. Set it up, loaded it, probed it, closed the door only to come back an hour later to see it had turned off and the service light was on? Thankfully I have a smokette so I transferred the meat and am smoking away. Very disappointing though. I was really looking forward to using the new upgraded Amerique.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.