Skip to main content

SM025 arrived in the middle of the week. Set up was easy. Ran it for 4 hours to season it the first time.

Over the weekend I made some hickory smoked hamburgers. I used 3 lbs of ground chuck. Smoked with 3 oz of hickory at 200 setting (it's hot here in Texas, my thermometer said the temp inside of the smoker was around 230) until burgers were at 130, about 40 minutes, then moved them to my grill to sear and bring them up to around 150. Wow.

I brought a left over burger into to work for lunch today. Heated it up in the microwave and now my office smells wonderful. People were walking by asking me what kind of barbeque sauce I used....

I said, "None. I have what those barbeque sauces are trying to imitate on my burger!"

One happy customer.
Original Post
Congrats blackwing! I'm fairly new too, and just wait till you make pulled pork or brisket and warm that stuff up for lunch in the office! There are people in the office now, that stop by my cubicle when they smell the BBQ warming in the microwave, hoping to pick up some scraps that i didn't want to eat for lunch! LOL These CS smokers are awesome! Enjoy, oh and i hope you guys get some rain down there in Texas...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.