Skip to main content

i am looking at buying a sm025. i would like to know the following, 

difference between the elite and non elite versions

temp fluctuation between the 2 models, what can i expect from a set temp at 150 degrees +/-.  If i understand the models i will assume that the elite has a pid system for temp control and that should take care of large temp fluctuations??? thanks

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I think the controller on my SM066 is very similar to the SM025 Elite, and I also see about +/- 2 degrees. I can actually hear the controller cycling on/off and it seems the cycles are every 15 seconds or so. I'm not aware of how CS implements this in the electronics. Of course, the startup cycle is full-on for the first 30 minutes or so, so you will get some initial overshoot (assuming again that the two controllers are similar).  My SM066 performs the same whether it is 20 degrees outside or 90 degrees.

You should be aware that the CS electric smokers are very tightly sealed, with only a small vent hole in the top, so you may have to take steps to reduce the humidity when smoking sausage, like periodically opening the door, which will of course affect temp stability somewhat.

Last edited by jay1924

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.