Skip to main content

What accessories for the SM have yall found really worthwhile? Ribracks seem a given, 1 or 2 sets? temperature probe looks great, anyone have feedback on the probe? Any spare parts to keep on hand other than a heating element ? I am just about ready to buy a SM 150/160. Anyone wish they had bought the 160 instead of the 150?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

sorry it took so long to respond but when i came back from vacqation the site was down. the hood is pretty nifty in tight enclosed spaces. on thing i have noticed is the meat coming out of this unit is a tiny bit more barky than the one i have setting under the 5 foot hood in our trailer. i think it most flow more air thru the smoker.
as far as temp probes go both of ours are the old units so i just use the 16 buck taylor remotes from target. works well and they are cheap enough that at last count i had 8 of the things and use them to monitor the reefer and freezer, pit temps on the fec and sm's, and meat temps. health inspector liked the remotes being used on the reefer and freezer a lot.
as far as spares go i don't have any except the element and after 2 years i am convinced the thing is as bullet proof as a vulcan commercial oven is.
hope it helps
jack
Thanks very much to all of you. This forum is really terrific. I was suffering heavy withdrawals when it was down the last few days.
Hawsfli, your experience so far with the probe is great. You must be really glad you made that couple hundred buck investment. Thanks Peggy for the tip about folding up the disposable pans.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.