Skip to main content

Ok, I smoked 3 six# butts yesterday at 225 for six hours and internal temp stayed at 154 for 2 hours. I had all 3 on the middle rack of my FEC100. I was also smoking some buns so I turned the temp up to 350. The internal temp rose to 190 but I also had smoke coming out of the pellet hopper. The pellets in the bottom of the hopper were hot and smoking. I don't think that is supposed to happen. What did I do wrong???
Is the interal temp supposed to "hang" for several hours?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Were you using a newer smoker with the ramp?

Was the wind blowing. I was smoking some brats yesterday, and the wind was fairly strong. Played with my temps a little. Then took it to our scout camp in the afternoon and did a load of chicken. By then the wind wass gustting about 25-30. Kept turning the smoke pipe to try and get away, but I really needed to move the trailer.

RandyE
@southdakota posted:
Ok, I smoked 3 six# butts yesterday at 225 for six hours and internal temp stayed at 154 for 2 hours. I had all 3 on the middle rack of my FEC100. I was also smoking some buns so I turned the temp up to 350. The internal temp rose to 190 but I also had smoke coming out of the pellet hopper. The pellets in the bottom of the hopper were hot and smoking. I don't think that is supposed to happen. What did I do wrong???
Is the interal temp supposed to "hang" for several hours? 

Wrong pellets I think

hopper customer service number

Last edited by johnnparry55

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.