Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Don't worry about the smoke!! How does your product taste? If you want it smokier use more wood in the beginning. And go read the current thread about "Advice on what to buy". Just because you don't see smoke from the unit doesn't mean it's not creating smoke.

I would NOT start bending your heating element.
quote:
Originally posted by jjake:
How long does a full tray of wood chunks last (not sure if the weight is 4 oz)?

I don't think 2 hours would be enough for me. I love smoke and seasonings. I like the bark, crust, end cuts. The more of that, the better.

Don't know about the full tray... My tray in the 055 never fully turns to ash but the product tastes fine.

You're not getting the idea here.... The WHITE smoke is not really what you want, but it's ok. After the white smoke (all the bark and junk are burned out of the wood) you'll get blue smoke which is the best smoke. Does your smoker stop smelling like smoke is coming out after two hours? I didn't think so. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by jjake:
How long does a full tray of wood chunks last (not sure if the weight is 4 oz)?

I don't think 2 hours would be enough for me.

The length of time to apply smoke to a product with yours or any other smoker will depend on the color and density of the smoke. Keep good notes on the type of wood being used and the temps applied. We all have to learn our smokers as ambient temps and humidity can influence your smoke.

Although all types of wood have been tested,I personally only use chunks in my AQ and rarely use more than a couple ounces.

Tom

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.