Skip to main content

In my 025. Cast iron Skillet 10in. about 1/3 of a block of Velveeta, I used the white one Queso Blanco but regular will work as well. Cut it into cubes and spread it on the bottom of the skillet. Pour in a can of “Rotel" Tomatoes and spread it evenly. I used the original but they have hot and mild also. Smoked for about 45 minutes with about an ounce of hickory. Stirred it up and smoked another 30 minutes. Served with chips. Very easy, pretty fast and very good.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Indeed. Nice smoke flavor. If you have never tried hot smoking cheese. You might give it a try. You need to put it in a container of course. I use a pie pan. Cube the cheese up and let it smoke. Yes, it will melt and that changes the texture of the cheese but im my opinion in a good way. I will usually add a couple of shots of tabasco. Smoke and hour or so, it should be most or all melted. Let it firm up and cut it or break into pieces. Serve with some crackers and some sausage. BTW this not the same as the recipe above. I think after reading I may have mislead. Chili con queso should be severd hot and melted. The Smoked hot cheese is a different recipe. Sorry about the confusion
Last edited by rangerdf

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.