Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I got the stand for my AQ (same one I think) and haven't regretted it a second. I use it for storing my various smoking woods, but the most important feature to me is the convenience of chest-to-waist high loading, unloading, temperature probing, and most of all, cleaning. What a bonus for my back. No getting on my knees to wipe grease from the back-of-the-bottom. What a pleasure! Plus, when I roll the unit out of the garage and uncover it to start a smoke, the "WHOA!" reaction is pretty cool.

Welcome to the Forum! Since you are a pretty new member, you might not be aware of one of the downsides of the new format that was put in place a couple of years ago. The date stamp on posts is extremely hard to read on the lower-left of a post. Sometimes this leads people to reply or contribute to a very old thread. This one isn't too old, only about five years. Just a heads up in case you want to start a new thread. Again, welcome.

@mosnowman posted:
Any experience with the stand that is available for the Somekette Elite? At $400 I would like to hear a lot of positives before pulling the trigger! I think it would be great not to have to bend over due to bad hips and knees! Thoughts?

Like you, I was looking for answers on stand options and finally put this one together from repurposed wood. It’s designed to have 1 or 2 storage bins hanging from the underside of the lower shelf. I ran out of time before the snow arrived and will finish building the slide out storage bin slides in the spring.

Attachments

Images (1)
  • SM008 Stand
That's good idea, 3 or 4" wheels would be greatSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Cookshack <alerts@crowdstack.com> Date: 12/13/21 6:37 PM (GMT-07:00) To: dcarmorgan <dcarmorgan@comcast.net> Subject: [New Reply] Smokette Stand? == To reply by email, write above this line. ==New Reply By wurstmacherWSmokette Stand?WReply by wurstmacher Yes, it’s mobile once the sm008 is lifted off the cart. That said, one of the spring additions will be some wheels on one end of the cart and a handle/grab-bar at the opposing end to the wheels. [ View Reply ]CookshackYou received this based on your notification settings. You can adjust your settings or unsubscribe anytime.Cookshack, Inc. 2405 Sykes Blvd. | Ponca City | Oklahoma | 74601 580.765.3669 | 800.423.0698 www.cookshack.com sales@cookshack.com
I used a grill to make a front table that is hinged  to fold down when not in use and held up with chains when in use. Very handy  when loading or uploading. Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Cookshack <alerts@crowdstack.com> Date: 12/16/21 8:22 PM (GMT-07:00) To: dcarmorgan <dcarmorgan@comcast.net> Subject: [New Reply] Smokette Stand? == To reply by email, write above this line. ==New Reply By jay1924JSmokette Stand?JReply by jay1924 Wow, that looks great! I have to ask about the side table/shelf, that appears to be lowerable on a chain?! Great idea, care to share details? [ View Reply ]CookshackYou received this based on your notification settings. You can adjust your settings or unsubscribe anytime.Cookshack, Inc. 2405 Sykes Blvd. | Ponca City | Oklahoma | 74601 580.765.3669 | 800.423.0698 www.cookshack.com sales@cookshack.com

Attachments

Images (3)
  • 20211217_112005
  • 20211217_111941
  • 20210911_163628
I agree, it is a must to get it up with a stand, either factory or home made. Also nice to have a area in front when loading or unloading that will fold down when not in use.Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Cookshack <alerts@crowdstack.com> Date: 12/21/21 6:44 AM (GMT-07:00) To: dcarmorgan <dcarmorgan@comcast.net> Subject: [New Reply] Smokette Stand? == To reply by email, write above this line. ==New Reply By FlyingmanFSmokette Stand?FReply by Flyingman I purchased my CS 25 with the stand and it just makes the whole process so much easier. I can roll it around to where ever I want to cook on my patio, in the sun, shade, out of the wind, rain, etc... It was worth the investment. Plus the smoker is at the right height. Keep all my woods and utensils inside. [ View Reply ]CookshackYou received this based on your notification settings. You can adjust your settings or unsubscribe anytime.Cookshack, Inc. 2405 Sykes Blvd. | Ponca City | Oklahoma | 74601 580.765.3669 | 800.423.0698 www.cookshack.com sales@cookshack.com

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.