Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I use a brand new garden sprayer I bought at HD. It has a pressure pump. I don't put anything solid in it and it works fine. Got it last year when I did 300+ hamhocks. You can also go to walmart and buy empty ones or at a restaurant supply. Just buy new and look for one with a screen at the bottom of the pump feeding tube.
When it comes to the liquid within, I couldn't say whether there's a caustic vs. acid factor to consider, but the garden type pressurized sprayers are available in a type marketed as Bleach Sprayers--purportedly better for that purpose than a "regular" sprayer.

On the smaller scale of a single handed trigger squeeze sprayer, perhaps the answer to extending longevity is more in terms of cleanup and storage. I'd be inclined to try a little mineral oil or perhaps walnut oil siphoned up into the pump mechanism while stored.

Mineral oil is cheap and available in practically any pharmacy section. Unlike other oils, walnut oil is not likely to turn rancid. Both are food grade and neither should polymerize between uses. The tradeoff is the extra cleanout involved before reusing for your next smoke.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.