Skip to main content

This is my first summer with my Smokette 020 and I love the smoker and this forum. My smoker is out on my back deck and is exposed to the elements. I have purchased the Cookshack cover for my Smokette and it is kept covered when not in use. My question is - can I leave my smoker outside =, exposed to the elements year round? I live in the Chicago area - temperature extremes of +100 to -20 degrees, rain, snow, hail, ice. Thanks
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

A few months ago, using information I got from this forum, I purchased a "Sun Cast" garden shed for my SM045 and it worked great. Just do a search and type in "sun cast garden shed" and you'll see exactly what I mean. My 45 fit into the shed perfectly, is now completely protected from the elements and I can even keep most of my smoking supplies securely stored in the shed. The shed is just large enough for the smoker and supplies and fits nicely on my deck without being in the way. I picked mine up from "Lowes" but you can find them in a few places. They work great...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.