Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Im a Niners fan since 1981. Be having a quiet day watching the game. No company to talk during important drives, no comments from my wife's friends about "hey what else is on". LOL
Menu: gravlax appetizers, pot stickers and asian salad, baby back ribs with baked potatoes for me and grilled salmon and assorted grilled vegetables for my wife.

It's gonna be a hard hitting game. Will Ray Lewis shine or will the Niners figure out a way to stifle the Ravens in the 2nd half. Both teams have a rep for shutting down opponents in the 2nd half.
We're hosting a little SB party this year and, since the game is in NOLA, we're using that as the theme for most of the food. So far, the menu contains the following,

- Raw oysters
- Charbroiled oysters, Drago style
- Creole spiced shrimp
- Chorizo boudin balls
- Smoked chicken and andouille gumbo with cubed double smoked country ham left over from Christmas
- Garbanzo beans and greens with smoked tasso
- Pickled green tomato and mirliton chow chow (subbing tomatillos for the green tomatoes)
- Grilled watermelon slices with ancho powder
- Hurricanes, Sazeracs, assorted beers from Abita and NOLA Brewing, and other beverages.

There will also be assorted cheeses (some smoked) and crackers, assorted nuts (including smoked Marcona almonds), smoked goose liver pate, lemon and coriander marinated olives, marinated anchovies (boquerones), smoked chorizo, and probably some other stuff I can't remember now.
quote:
Originally posted by S & H:
At S&H we're having whatever hits the ground, sticks to the grate, or is left over. As it stands right now I have orders for 11 pork butts and 22 racks of ribs all to be ready at 2pm Sunday.. I figure it this way if your going to make a mess you might as well make a big one so I'm still taking orders.

Look at it this way, S&H. Unlike most of us, you'll be earning money instead of spending it.
quote:
Originally posted by cal:
quote:
Originally posted by Padrefan:
Prediction- Coach Harbaugh Wins this one!

Probably need to take this bet, because I got some inside info that says Harbaugh is gonna lose!

Anyway, I too am gonna cook some St Louis cut spares, but I'll do my own trimming.

Plenty of Margaritas are on tap also.

I forgot the drinks...At my house it's West Coast IPA's and a Bourbon or 2.
quote:
Originally posted by dls:
quote:
Originally posted by S & H:
At S&H we're having whatever hits the ground, sticks to the grate, or is left over. As it stands right now I have orders for 11 pork butts and 22 racks of ribs all to be ready at 2pm Sunday.. I figure it this way if your going to make a mess you might as well make a big one so I'm still taking orders.

Look at it this way, S&H. Unlike most of us, you'll be earning money instead of spending it.

I guess your right dls. I wouldn't do it if I didn't love it. I'm smoking on a sm040 and on a sm160. This will be my largest smoke so far. Sold out with 14 butts and 24 racks if baby backs. I have the rib racks for the sm160 but have never used them. They look like they'd be a bogger to clean. Both smokers will be stuffed full two times to get the job done. Let The Games Begain!!
Using my SM025 for the first time in months! Since I bought the FEC500, it's been neglected. I decided to put the pork butt in there and use the FEC for the ribs and ABT's. Timing will be interesting. I am going to finish the ribs 2 hours before kickoff so that the ABTs can go on. I then will use the warming tray in the FEC to hold the ribs. I will wrap them in HD Aluminum foil. I am not too worried about over cooking them (fall of the bone) I just hope they don't dry out.
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinMAINEiac:
quote:
I have the rib racks for the sm160 but have never used them. They look like they'd be a bogger to clean.

Don't you have a dog? A dog will get every bit of meat off the racks. Then you just wash them in soap and hot water Big Grin (just kidding...I would never do such a thing).

She follows me around enough now. Daisy is the fatest lab I've ever seen. I like having her around she makes me look thin. Lol

Well I sold out at 14 pork butts and 24 racks of ribs. Butts are FTCed and ribs are a smoking. I figure by the time the game starts I'll be in the recliner sawing bib logs with a half empty beer in one hand and the remote in the other.
Due to watching salt and sugar and fat, everything we consume is pretty much home made:

1. Pulled skinless chicken breast (smoked lightly in smoker for about an hour or so then finished off in pressure cooker/crock pot in my homemade BBQ sauce)

2. Cut tortillas and bake myself in oven till nice and crispy. Then use like Mrs Dash and stuff to season

3. Use fat free cheese, this is now really pretty good and melts just fine compared to a few years ago, they have made a major improvement on the taste and texture of this product. I also substitute fat free greek yogurt for sour cream or use fat free sour cream but I prefer the yogurt

4. Home made BBQ sauce is the 1/2 diet coke and 1/2 sugar free ketchup with spices cooked for long time on stove till it thickens up nicely.

I can control and limit the amount of sugar, fat and salt and still have a good time. Folks who come over I dont tell them and they cannot tell it is all low fat low sugar and low salt. They just know its homemade.
quote:
Originally posted by Mike4258:
WOW, DLS! Can we come? I'm only doing SmokinOkie's Dino Beef ribs. I'm cooking two 6# slabs of angus choice short ribs (not DLS's menu but mmm).

Come on over. The gates open at 4:30 CT sharp. We've got a good sized crowd coming but there's always room for more. And bring those Dino Ribs with you. They sound great.

I got back late last night from an 8 day trip and found that my wife and daughter had called an audible during my absence and had made and froze a big batch of mini Natchitoches meat pies. Instead of the usual meat mix of equal parts of ground beef and pork they substituted leftover shredded smoked brisket and pulled pork. Sounds like the meat pies should be good.

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler
Last edited by dls

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.