Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Being firmly entrenched on the West Coast of Wisconsin, We at the brewery will have quite a selection of random goodness. I however, will be pulling together some Pulled pork with Smokins' Killer finishing sauce and several stuffed fatties (with Wisconsin cheese of course). All of which will be washed down with copious amounts of fine craft beer.

GO PACK!
Sure thing pags. Last night I took one out of the fridge that I smoked over the weekend. I sliced it nice and thin and served it cold on a toasted bolillo roll. (It's a mexican type roll) My family loved it. So as I was slicing it I started thinking bruschetta. Something with horseradish and sour cream. I will let you know how it turns out.
It looks like LB ribs for me, I'll deep fry some crappie also.

Hey MaxQue, you didn't think that Wagyu brisket had more of a rib eye steak taste instead of a more conservative, old-fashion brisket taste?

Maybe I've not had a good cook feed me a slice of properly cooked Wagyu brisket? I hear Chris is a fine cook.
I was hoping to be at the game and sampling some Texas BBQ, but nobody in my family got picked in the Super Bowl ticket lottery for Steeler season ticket holders. So, I guess I will be sampling my own BBQ. I will have BB ribs and brisket. I was going to do a butt instead of brisket but I was able to find some choice packers at Walmart for the first time ever. Walmart is the only place around here that sells packers and they have always been select. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!
quote:
Originally posted by cal:

Hey MaxQue, you didn't think that Wagyu brisket had more of a rib eye steak taste instead of a more conservative, old-fashion brisket taste?

Cal, the flavor and texture were definitely brisket like. The flavor was more intense but what really knocked my sox off was the moisture content. It ate like butter but was still juicy. No doubt, Chris' expertise was as much a factor as the meat itself.

I'll render feedback from my brisket cook come Monday, along with pictures if time permits.
MaxQue & All,
Will be having a few over for the game. Wings for appitizers, half time will have pulled pork butt sandwiches with Smokes three sauces, baked beens, coleslaw plus?? Putting butt on at 9PM tonight in my 66 at 225, foil at 190 internal then hold at 140 till pulling time. Sound about right?
quote:
Originally posted by Mr.T:
MaxQue & All,
Will be having a few over for the game. Wings for appitizers, half time will have pulled pork butt sandwiches with Smokes three sauces, baked beens, coleslaw plus?? Putting butt on at 9PM tonight in my 66 at 225, foil at 190 internal then hold at 140 till pulling time. Sound about right?

I pull my PB at 192 - 195, I then double wrap in heavy duty foil. Then I FTC, (foil, towel, cooler). I have help the PB for 5-6 hours in the cooler and when your take it out it will still be VERY hot. Wrap the foiled PB with old towels or a BUNCH of newspaper wadded up and put in your cooler. You will be surprised at how long they will stay hot.
Hey Mr. T,

When I'm cooking on a schedule like yours, I will start the smoker out on 200* at 9pm and then kick up the temp the next morning to 225... or even more if I need it done by noon. Works out real well, I can remember another fine cook saying, "some cooks believe that the longer the PB is in the plateau the better job of rendering it does". His name was Tom also and I tend to agree with this line of thinking.
QUOTE]Originally posted by cal:
Hey Mr. T,

When I'm cooking on a schedule like yours, I will start the smoker out on 200* at 9pm and then kick up the temp the next morning to 225... or even more if I need it done by noon. Works out real well, I can remember another fine cook saying, "some cooks believe that the longer the PB is in the plateau the better job of rendering it does". His name was Tom also and I tend to agree with this line of thinking.[/QUOTE][Thanks Cal, It’s a 7 pounder before gland removed so think I will have plenty of time to play with the temps, will follow your technique.
Tom

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.