Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Welcome!

Call CS Customer Service.

Also check the link at the top of the Open Forum "Lessons for new users" there are some specific things not to do (power cords)

They'll walk you through the checks on what to do, and then you can report back how it went. Reason is that if there IS something wrong, it can't be fixed here.
Welcome to the forum njb!

By "internal" I assume you mean inside your smoker. Most folks use the term "internal" for whatever it is they are cooking.

If you are getting satisfactory results with your smokes the first thing I would check is your your probe. Is it accurate - 32* in ice and 212* in boiling water.

Are you using an extension cord? Extension cords of a low gauge can reek havoc on the temps. You will never peak the smoker's tamp capability.

If both of these suggestions don't fit, call Cookshack. Their Customer Service is superb. They will make it right.

Good luck! Big Grin
I don't know the gauges of the wires but you need a very heavy duty extension cord, as heavy or heavier than the cord on your Smokette. The typical orange is probably too light gage!

Do this: Plug your unit directly into a receptacle (no extension cord) and see if your temp climbs higher.

Do a search on "extension cord" and see what pops up. Some of our posters are very adept with electronics and have made great comments and suggestions.

Let us know how things work out! Wink
Last edited by wheelz

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.