Skip to main content

I have a SMO25, never a problem. Put a brisket in last night and got up this morning and probe reading “HI”. In plugged the probe and re inserted it several times with no better result. Put a remote probe in there and internal temp reading 200. Good news the brisket is going to be great. A little stumped on the smoker probe reading HI. Appreciate any help. Also is there a way to search the forum, maybe I’m missing something.

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks, that is entirely possible. I assumed when I got up this morning after 9 hrs I would be at the stall. Instead it was reading hi. It was a 15# brisket, cooking at 225 I didn’t expect it to be that far along after 9 hrs?

update: I think you nailed it Jay. We served it and it was over cooked on the bottom. It must have been done way earlier than I expected. That’s the danger of putting it in and going to bed. Never had one of that size cook that fast especially not having to wrap it in foil when it stalls. 1st mishap like that. Still tasted good after trimming the bark off the bottom. Thanks for the feedback.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.