Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I am also waiting for my 009 to arrive. Its supposed to be here tomorrow yay! I would have preferred an Amerique, but it was more than my allowance. My wife allowed as how the 009 cost more than the stove we put in our last house...

Anyway, I've noticed that many folks here on the forum like the Maverick Remote Smoker Thermometer ET-73, so I ordered one from iKitchen, since they are on sale for $39.88, plus an additional 5% off if ordered by Tuesday midnight.

As I understand it, they work really well on the smokettes, with the leads going through the vent hole. One of the leads has a grill clip for the smoker temp, and the other is inserted in the food. They can be set to beep when your preset temp is reached.
Best,
Lionel
I wouldn't worry to much about not having all of the bells and whistles of a AQ. I'm sure they are great but for smokes that takes 12 ~ 20 hours to reach the target temp there is a lot of leeway in when to turn down the temp or remove. If I owned a AQ I would really have to work on my timing to not be around to tend the smoker when needed. However I'm getting lazy with age and life is not a busy as it used to be. Good luck.
All you need is a normal cabled probe that plugs into an LED readout base. There is no need to check the heat of the smoker after 1 time to be sure it gets to the max temp, it will drive you nuts. Those remote probes that work on radio frequency are way more trouble then they are worth. If you stick the LED base on the side of the smoker, you can monitor the temp by looking out a window. Every other gadget you have will mess with the transmitter and reciever of the new fangled remote probes. You can get a good one at wally world for $10. Accu-Rite is 1 good brand.

Cool

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.