Skip to main content

The issue on the RV and what to use for grilling/smoking is space. We will be pulling a car so can't put the smoker on the hitch.

We pick it up on the 27th. It's really happening.

We went back and forth on a gas or diesel but in the end we got such an amazing deal and saved a bunch of $$$$ so we got a 2015 Tiffin Allegro 36'

One month countdown starts Wednesday.
Last edited by Former Member
quote:
Originally posted by nmaggie69:
Smokin, try googling motorhome motorcycle carriers. your going to love it.

Thanks, I looked at that option, icy love to take a FEPG500 but we will be pulling a TOAD and have to use a dolly.

So at this point want to travel this first year and look for options. Don't know if we'll every do as much as you, but we're darned happy to be hitting the road one month from today.
Thank-You Thank-You Thank-You Russ..You inspired me to fear no Q..and always "write your damn stuff down!" I have not posted in a long time but I have checked in a lot. Does this mean the end of the fourum..I really hope not..I seem to be struggling writing this note..Be careful..eat well..and keep us on the edge with your adventures..If you ever travel north....Nova Scotia is beautiful..Funny huh this is my one hundred post..this is a great way to use it..
Nope the forum will live on, maybe they'll name it after me when I'm gone Big Grin

Not sure who will be moderating, but they won't have as much fun as I have all these years. We've had 1,000's of forum members many of which have stopped by and moved on.

Now I guess it's my turn to move on, but I'm not gone, I'll still be checking in from the road.

Little over 3 weeks. We pick the RV up tomorrow.
Smokin,
Regarding how to carry a PG500,is there any way to carry it on front of vehicle above/on the front bumper after a bit of reinforcing?? I have seen motorhomes carry bicycles or small motorcycles there when back end is not available. Would not want to block airflow to motor & etc., and would need a bomb-proof cover for the PG500. After using my PG500 for a year now, it is easy to understand why you want to take one with you. Good luck!!
Man, packing up the BBQ/Grilling Book Library. 150+ books. Going to miss some of my reading/reference material. Wish it wasn't so expensive to ship them off and have them scanned into PDF's.

Anyone want a project that knows how do it...
Last edited by Former Member
Smokin, you only live once. What an awesome experience this will be. I did this a few years ago and moved to the Virgin Islands. Took my 66 with me, too. I have since returned, and never regretted one minute. I had my 'stuff' stored all over, and it was there waiting when I returned. Make yourself known when you come east. We are in Southport NC, just north of Myrtle Beach. Opening a cafe in a matter of weeks. Bouncing Log Cafe, not live yet, just look us up. My better half is Swiss, can make a mean pot of collards with 'que.

There is a nice campground in Myrtle Beach, right on the beach. Better reserve early.
Well, in a word, NO.

Closing got pushed back a week so we've taking the opportunity to clean up after the HUGE Estate Sale last weekend. Huge as in every room of the house, the entire deck, both garages and the outside sheds had stuff set up to sell.

It's sad, but the house is 98% empty now just waiting for the buyer to do a final inspection and close next Friday and THEN we'll be homeless.

I'll have a "last post" and let you know what our RV Facebook page will be and if you want you can follow our travels there. we're working on names for that, something witty.
It's official. This is my last post from Oklahoma City after 14680+ posts.

We close on Friday morning, hit the road after depositing the check Big Grin

I'm not gone... well, I'm gone down the road, but not gone from the forum. I just won't be in the forum multiple times a day or constantly like I have been in the past. I will be posting when I'm near wifi.

Oh, and when we have the FB and Instagram set up I'll let you know that.

But I leave the forum in great hands, you guys!!!

I don't know what CS has planned for the forum or a moderator but I just wanted to thank everyone for making my job easier.

If you see any issues or challenges or weird posts in the forum, just call CS and that will help them moderate and until they get a moderator.
quote:
Originally posted by SmokinOkie:
It's official. This is my last post from Oklahoma City after 14680+ posts.

We close on Friday morning, hit the road after depositing the check Big Grin

I'm not gone... well, I'm gone down the road, but not gone from the forum. I just won't be in the forum multiple times a day or constantly like I have been in the past. I will be posting when I'm near wifi.

Oh, and when we have the FB and Instagram set up I'll let you know that.

But I leave the forum in great hands, you guys!!!

I don't know what CS has planned for the forum or a moderator but I just wanted to thank everyone for making my job easier.

If you see any issues or challenges or weird posts in the forum, just call CS and that will help them moderate and until they get a moderator.

And the page has been turned.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.