Skip to main content

Anyone have any experience with a fec300 mounted inside a enclosed trailer and cooking while traveling?  I have a 24ft bbq concession/competition trailer and will be serving daily starting at 11am and festivals on the weekends.  Would like to know if I can travel with the smoker running.  Im pretty sure I can't run the rotisserie but is traveling while smoking possible?  

Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

There are a couple of issues you can encounter when using the unit while traveling. The first would be a drafting issue which can cause temp fluctuations and also cause the unit to go out. The second would be product and racks moving while traveling. This can cause you to dump product off the racks and if the rotisserie is running it can cause the racks to bind up causing major damage.

Makes perfect sense.  I pretty much knew the rotisserie couldn’t be used.  On the drafting part my trailer has a enclosed porch instead of open so when traveling the only thing hitting air would be the exhaust port going through the roof of the trailer.  I opted for full enclosure due to the horrible winter weather we have.  Could the air moving across the exhaust port cause much fluctuation in temp even though the rest of the smoker would be out of the wind?  

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.