Skip to main content

Bacon Salt

Knowing these words might not make you rich, but they will make you happy. I didn't know what I had been missing until I found bacon salt and added it to my potato salad. OMG! So good it made me want to slap somebody!

Bacon salt and boiled eggs. Bacon salt and fries. Bacon salt and corn. It's all good.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

'Bacon Salt'...nothing but artificially flavored imitation bacon bits ground up and mixed with table salt. I tried it, it tastes as artificial as it is, IMHO. However, everyone's tastes are different. If you like it, don't spend what they charge, get some imitation bacon bits and make it yourself, save some bucks. They also make 'bacon' mayo, same story. I'll take the real stuff in both cases, thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by Gil:
'Bacon Salt'...nothing but artificially flavored imitation bacon bits ground up and mixed with table salt. I tried it, it tastes as artificial as it is, IMHO. However, everyone's tastes are different. If you like it, don't spend what they charge, get some imitation bacon bits and make it yourself, save some bucks. They also make 'bacon' mayo, same story. I'll take the real stuff in both cases, thanks.

Mine doesn't have any bacon bits in it, and it tastes anything but artificial. Looks like slightly off color salt.
quote:
Mine doesn't have any bacon bits in it, and it tastes anything but artificial. Looks like slightly off color salt.

That may be different from the stuff I got online. The product I got was the stuff Qnorth referenced in his post. No, it didn't have visible bits in it, but the taste was pure artificial 'bacon' flavor, identical to the imitation bacon bits sold for salads. If someone has a better product out there, I'd love to try it.
Last edited by gil

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.