Skip to main content

Darn, almost 3 weeks to wait. That's OK though. I've heard so many good things about Cook shack.
I have a Bradley Digital Smoker but the smoke generator will not advance a new bisquet any longer, so I decided to get a new smoker. Any way a couple of questions. Can I use Bradley bisquets in the elite? I bought a 12+ pound pork shoulder from Costco. It was the smallest they had. Should I cut it in half or just do the whole thing at once. That sounds bigger than most butts to me. Time estimate for 12 pounder butt. 16+ hours. Should I invite company
Original Post
RangerDF

I just received my elite and wouldn't suggest company for the first cook. Check my experience just below yours. Mine may have taken longer than 2 hr./lb. cause of the small cut. I'm hearing it may take less than 2hr./lb. if you have a lot of meat, but you're just not going to know until you work with it.

Good news is the results are great, and you won't believe how little wood gets such great flavor. You'll eventually pay for your elite with the reduction in bisque costs. Big Grin

Keep on smokin,

Pags

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.