Curious what everyone's go-to pellet brand and flavor is?

Some other forums pointed me to Cookin Pellets brand a few years ago.  The flavor was great, but man they really built up a ton of residue on the walls of my smoker.

A couple of years ago I thought I would give the Pitboss pellets a shot.  Sounded too good to be true to get a 40lb bag for less than $20 bucks at lowes/TSC.  But I love 'em.  Good flavor, not too much ash and definitely alot less soot than the other guys.

As for flavor, I tend to go for the blends.  I'm too lazy to switch out based on what I'm cooking and the blends seem to have treated me pretty well.

Original Post

I don't have a pellet cooker, but I've been using the Pitboss pellets for smoking on my gas grill, things like shrimp and wings, using the A-maz-n smoker tube. The flavor is great.

jobiewan posted:

are there any major retailers that sell rectec pellets that you know of?  don't think I have ever seen them around here.

I'm ordering from amazon,

Last edited by Janefly

You could try Lumberjack Brand.  We get them for $8.88 a 20 lb bag at Rural King.  Good flavor, burns up good, not much soot on inside of smoker, and you can blend them easily.  I use them on our FEC300 and we took best brisket last year at 2 competitions.  Didn't do a darn thing different for comp than i do for everyday sales. 

@Don Bailey - Thanks for the tip!  I see that there are several dealers in my area that carry that brand, so I will scout around.  I also see that Dick's sporting goods carries them so I will head there if I strike out with the mom-n-pop shops...

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.