Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

R.L.Schreiber

Some good ones above. I've found something good at each of them. For example, at the above link they make an amazing Lemon Pepper that is handsdown superb. Has a very well derived Citrus flavor that not in any other.

I've got quite a few sites, some I use, some I don't.

Do you have something specific or just looking for a general site? For example, I might not use Pendry's for Mexican, but use Tom's favorite.

All of the ones listed will take care of you.
Hey,Smokin'
Schreider has a bunch of good products.

A friend,that we cook a lot with,gets them for us.

His brother is the south Florida rep for them and he hand carries them up from Pompano for us.[Saves shipping]

He is nice enough to bring in many of their products to sample.

They started up as a specialty chefs' supplier for that market and developed unique requested flavors and a higher quality than some of the box stores.
Tom,

Yup, that's them, I had to get mine from a regional guy but they're finally available online.

Sam, it's a dry rub. They actually do call it "Lemon & Herb Seasoning". I found it because a seafood shop here in town uses a LOT of it in stuff they sell. Just talked to him one day, showed me the stuff and off I went.
For the most part, if I'm shopping for a good selection of high quality general spices, my shopping depends upon how I'm buying.

In order of preference, if I'm buying online, I go to:

The Spice House
My Spice Sage
Penzeys

If I'm buying bricks and mortar retail, I go to:

Penzeys (1 block from one of my offices)
The Spice House (10 miles from my house)
My Spice Sage (N/A)

When you start getting to more exotic spices, I typically go to Amazon, or a variety of specialty online retailers.
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Shaver:
Another choice: Spices, Inc. http://www.spicesinc.com

Great descriptions of their products; I've placed two orders so far (each was over $70) and all items top notch.

They also have great recipes, free shipping over $ 35.00 order.
The nice part that they allow to buy in bulk and so far I have had about 4 orders in about 2 years with always satisfactory result. Quick service and delivery. Spices have been top quality and by far the better then other mail orders I had tried before.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.