White chocolate Ice Cream

4 oz white chocolate chopped
¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
½ teaspoon vanilla extract plus one vanilla bean scraped
Pinch salt
1 1/4 cups heavy cream
½ cup milk

Melt chocolate and condensed milk in the microwave
Stir every 10-15 seconds until chocolate is melted about a minute or two.
Add Vanilla, vanilla bean scraping and salt and milk
In a mixer whip heavy cream to soft peaks about 2 minutes on medium high.
Whisk 1/3 of the whipped cream into the chocolate. Then just fold the remaining cream into the chocolate.
Freeze about 20-30 minutes then freeze for as long as you can. Several hour at least. Top with fresh mint and peach jam.

I have a simular recipe for regular Chocolate Ice cream if you want it.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks Ranger! I have a hand crank white mountain icecream maker at the lake. I will have to try your recipe. I like to use Mexican vanilla when making fresh icecream.

The 1st summer we had the icecream maker, we went through 10lbs of sugar! Yep,thats a lot of cranking. It's truely hard to beat a fire pit,good company, and homemade icecream to finish off a day.
Chocolate Ice Cream

This is adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Recipe so give them the credit. I did modify it a little. It is very rich and I guarantee you will like it if you like chocolate. Do not over whip your heavy cream it will become too creamy in the recipe and if you really over do the whipping it will turn to butter and you will get chunks in your mix.

1 tsp. Instant coffee or espresso powder
1 TBS hot water
4 ounces bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chopped
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
½ tsp vanilla extract (I use a vanilla bean scrapped)
Pinch salt
1 ¼ cups heavy cream

Combine coffee (or espresso) powder and hot water in small bowl. Let stand until coffee dissolves, about 5 minutes. Microwave chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, and coffee mixture in bowl, stirring every 10 seconds, until chocolate is melted, about 1 minute. Stir in vanilla and salt. Let cool.
With electric mixer on medium-high speed, whip cream to soft peaks, about 2 minutes. Whisk one-third of whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture until incorporated. Freeze in your ice cream maker container until firm. Freeze in your freezer to firm it up. I think it is best if kept frozen for a day or two before you serve if you can wait that long.
quote:
Originally posted by RangerDF:
I smoke it at about 28 degrees F. And add the pecan at the end Smiler

Smoke a bag of costco pecan halves. Candy them with brown sugar and put them on your ice cream as a ganish. You will be happy I promise

Now that is a great idea!

And thank you for the recipes. I love ice cream. I've got a Musso Lello, and I don't use it near often enough.
Ice cream goes great with bbq. Thanks for the thread. Here is another one.

Espresso Cheesecake Gelato

2 1/2 cups whole milk
1 cup whole dark roasted coffee beans
4 egg yolks
8 oz. softened cream cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup vanilla Jack (*see note)

Put 2 1/2 cups whole milk and 1 cup coffee beans in heavy sauce pan and heat to 190˚; remove from heat and steep for 20 minutes. Process with an immersion blender until mixture becomes medium brown tan color like coffee with cream added. Strain mix through coffee filter into a mixing bowl; I use the gold filter from my coffee maker but paper works just as well.

Time to quick rinse the stick blender and sauce pan.

Return the strained coffee milk blend to the sauce pan, add the 3/4 cup of the sugar and heat to 170˚ to dissolve sugar. Meanwhile whisk remaining 1/4 cup sugar into the eggs. Temper the eggs with a couple ladles of the heated milk being careful not to scramble the eggs. Whisk the tempered eggs into the hot milk blend. Return mix to heat and stir/whisk continuously until mix reaches 185˚.

Put the 8 ounces of cream cheese and 1 cup of heavy cream into the mixing bowl. Add the heated mixture to the mixing bowl with the cream cheese and heavy cream. Thoroughly blend the mix with the stick blender until smooth and cooled a bit. Now that mix is cooled just a bit it is time to add the vanilla Jack.

Place bowl in an ice bath to chill and stir about every 5 minute until fully cooled. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. When ready, pour the chilled mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s directions. Remove gelato from ice cream maker, put in container and place in freezer to fully harden.

Why not top it off with some Smoked Spicy Maple Pecans.

*vanilla Jack- 1 liter Jack and 6 vanilla beans that have been split; put split vanilla beans into the bottle of Jack and allow to age for 6 weeks.
Thanks for the white chocolate ice cream recipe Ranger. Here is a recipe for Vanilla Malt Ice Cream you all might enjoy

Vanilla Malt Ice Cream
2 large eggs
3/4 c sugar
2 c heavy cream
1 c milk
1/3 c vanilla malt powder
2 teas. vanilla extract
1/2 c chocolate chips, chunks (optional)

Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy about 2 minutes. Whisk in sugar a little at a time until completely blended. Pour in cream and milk and whisk to blend. Add malt powder and vanilla, whisk again. Let sit 10-15 minutes. Freeze in your ice cream maker. I have a White Mountain. If I add the chocolate, I wait until a minute or two before the ice cream is finished to add it.

Hope that you can try this before summer is over. Enjoy

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.