Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Sweet!!! This is great news. I guess you figured out that you can FTC the big meats and cook ribs while there resting, good for them and good for you.

Please practice a little on just the family and then you'll have your timing down and be a BIG hit at a party! Those PB's have a way of being the talk of the neighborhood!

What you figure on cooking 1st?
FTC is they way I'll definitely go. I talked to Karen who was very helpful. I had asked about putting a rib rack in with another shelf so I could do a butt at the same time and she said can't do it in SM025, not to mention you don't want to be opening the door tending the ribs when you've got a butt or brisket going. Not to say you can't do that but it's not ideal, which I understand.

I haven't decided what to cook first but it might be baby backs, which my wife really likes. Pork butt won't be far behind (if it doesn't go first). On the butt, I'm going to start simple with Fast Eddy's all-purpose rub and hickory wood. How much wood should I try first with a butt? Uh oh, I may have just opened a whole new can of worms with that question!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.