Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ahhhhh but gentlemen....hands on preparation and TASTING are key elements. Besides, maybe Russ will hold a graduation ceremony out on his deck; granted it's a bit of a hike from Ponca City Big Grin

As for subjects...
Perfect bite thru chicken thighs (without meat glue)

Burnt Ends
And of course, your renditions of brisket, S.L.S's and Pork Butt.

Did I mention Burnt Ends? Cool
quote:
Originally posted by MaxQ:
As for subjects...
Perfect bite thru chicken thighs (without meat glue)

I just don't understand why anyone would use meat glue, I know, some cooks think that skin needs scraped of fat....what did they teach you about fat at culinary school Chris?

Sorry for the thread jack Smokin'.

It is a long ways to go, so cost would be a big factor as is time of the year. I would love for someone to teach me how to work on my FEC, as if I needed a repair during a comp.
quote:

posted December 27, 2013 11:02 AM Hide Post

I would pay to attend a webinar!

Don't know if anyone would entertain this or not, but I really like the webinar idea and would pay to attend, maybe a "poll" on webinar would be in order? just my $.02 worth... $100 not unreasonable for a 2 to 4 hour session I would think, especially considering a Q&A session at the end.
Last edited by vernon
quote:
Originally posted by mootpoint:
Is it fair to assume this class would be taught from an FEC / Pellet Cooker perspective?

Good question. Why would you say that? They already have a class that does that.

My thoughts would be discuss the CS products (since they would be hosting), to include the electrics, but the intent of the class is to talk/learn BBQ and I'm pretty agnostic about that. It would be an all day class just to talk about the Electrics. I would prefer it to be wide ranging, more of an "open" BBQ class. I've pretty much cooked on everything out there.

This isn't a given, I'm just asking for opinions. Given I've taught over 400 students at the local Vo-Tech, I've got plenty of hands on BBQ teaching experience. My classes included BBQ 101, Poultry 101, Prime Rib 101, Ribs 101, Brisket 101 and a few others.

Each of those was 3 hours. The problem is going to be to keep it within whatever allotted time, to include Q&A.
Last edited by Former Member
I'd be in, depending on the date. I haven't been on a vacation in quite a while. Drive on down, then keep on going down to Lockhart TX, visit some friends in Austin, stop and get some sausage in Elgin. Maybe stop in R-Kanas and visit my brother on the way back. And if I do that, Memphis is on the way home. Hell... I'm in, I just talked myself into it. Let me know what days I have to request off from work.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.