Skip to main content

Reply to "Cooking for 60 baseball players"

I would suggest about 4-6oz of slaw and beans per person, by volume, which means you'll need about 2.5-3.5 gallons of each, maybe a little more if they serve themselves. Put these and bread at the front of the line so they don't fill their plates with meat. A spoodle or segmented plates help keep portions under control.

I would suggest 4 bone sections of ribs if using baby backs if you expect each person to have some, and maybe 2-3 bones each if using trimmed spares(I think this is a little lite myself, but it should work out). I don't think you have enough ribs for 60 portions of this size. You better serve these and ask if they want them so to stretch as far as possible.

For the BBQ, I would suggest 6oz per person since they're all adult males. You're going to be tight on this with just 30# of butts in the smoker. I'm guessing you'll have about 18# of pulled meat, and that gives you 4.8oz per person.

Lastly, 6-8oz by volume is about right for banana wafer pudding(naner puddin'), so about 4 gallons or 3 deep half pans should do the trick. Hope this helps in time. Good luck!
Last edited by Former Member