Skip to main content

Reply to "Cooking for 60 baseball players"

quote:
Originally posted by HOG SMITH BBQ:
Thanks to all here, lurked for 2 years, my wife says i should be a PHD in something, all the spare time i spent in the computer reading,printing off pages of notes and recipes, copy of the catering worksheet for cost analysis, etc, i belly flopped in and I can say i am having a decent start "with some help from my friends here" all welcome anytime at our house.
One thing i did learn even though i had read it and forgot, temp loss on full load-items next to temp sensor hotter from burn pot trying to catch up and add more fuel. Good call forums, i made the 180 turn and more up 2 shelfs midway after reading forums again in temp worry syndrome, not climbing after long stall, clock ticking.
Anyway, not a big sports fan and being new to Fl, didn't realize it was spring training season here. Just booked a Wed night 80 man ball team dinner, drop and dash, no serve, nor irbs this time, chickens, pulled pork and whole pork loin, and the loin is on sale for $1.49# 12 logs, sold them on 2" think cut loin steaks for parents, 40, and pulled pork,.88# picnics , 2 each, 6 oz sandwich and 1/2 chicken, .77#, and coleslaw and potatoe sald, $7.95-10# box, RD, and we are off and running again at $15 head, no chafing , no sterno, drop and go.
Yes, being in vacation area is unique i am seeing, and I think i am cheaper ,and its funner eating at home than doing the buffet thing, 4th day her trying to save a buck in this economy and i do 6-8 person vacation dinners with dessert, delivered 5 mile area, for $80. Cost are good, getting experience, timing, etc, and paying a few bills and adding equipment. We do have tough rules here in Fl though, and more licensing than I have ever saw,lol, you need a sheet of plywood for your certificates to show for "inspectors", good , but very excessive here, Idaho, no regs and I might say no problems I have every found.
But having a great time , cooking Q with my 4 year old grandson we are raising and trying to get by in this new world.

Thanks to all, especially Okie and Tom and Drof BBQ for all the well handed out advice and
learning curve advancement and a BIG shout out to Eddy and CS for making a damm fine product and standing behind it all, really OLD SCHOOL now days, just try to find another company that evens answer their phones, much less with any knowledge.
Thanks To All Here

I'm just starting to research a mobile kitchen in Florida. Can you provide tips for the licensing part? I hear it is a nightmare?

Thanks