Skip to main content

Reply to "Cookshack New Site Layout ??"

I think from the CS messages as they transferred the format, they had little choice, as their long-time platform provider just up and quit. They apparently have little in-house capability, so had to choose a new platform without much time or expertise to evaluate it for quality or capability for their needs. So, we are stuck with this, and the package CS bought apparently leaves them essentially no control over format or capability. I for one am very disappointed at the number of people who bailed, who were mainstays of this forum, even after Smokin Okie retired as moderator. It was a steep learning curve for this format, and it is in no way equivalent to the older one in terms of user friendliness and searchability, but for dedicated CS users and fans, such as me, it still serves as a good venue for sharing information, and even comaraderie. I wish some of the older contibutors, many of whom were very experienced professional and comp cooks, would return. At this late date, probably not going to happen. Although some may still lurk.