Skip to main content

Reply to "Forget The Factory Dial Readings!"

Eeker Whoa! I meant not to step on any toes here, I was actually attempting to rejoice and say that I have finally figured it out. Certainly, something got lost in the translation.
In my defense, I am fully aware that the times/temps are merely guidlines. I raised (what I feel is) a valid question regarding the possibly of notable differences from one thermostat/heating element to another ... RendezvousQ's response is a testimony to this thought and, as far as I am concerned, it has now been laid to rest.
Upon re-reading my original post, I can see how my use of "lie" could be construed as inappropriate -- I sincerely apologize for my futile attempt at "tongue-in-cheek". I will try to refrain from using this sort of dry humor in the future. There was no accusatory finger deliberately pointed.
I have contacted Cookshack with questions in the past and they are very helpful -- never said they were not. I have also found some great info in these forums -- thank you very much!
I just used my smoker a couple of weeks ago. I loaded it four slabs of beef ribs and three slabs of pork spareribs. I "let it rip" (I like that description!). Everything was perfectly done in five hours -- a time I actually predicted due to my newfound method of ignoring the temp settings on the dial. I was even able to use my charcoal smoker to cook forty-plus chicken thighs and had everything timed to be done within twenty minutes of each other. My guests were fed in a timely manner and there were no leftovers. One guest is even going to buy a Cookshack oven because the ribs were so "unbelievable"! I gave him the web address.
I am truly happy with my model 50 and am not bashing Cookshack -- as my original post seems to indicate!
Thanks for reading.
PS Hey, mcnkc ... you got a problem with meatloaf? Razzer JUST KIDDING! HONEST! Big Grin