Skip to main content

Reply to "How does Famous Dave's prepare their brisket?"

studly,
the reheating in the film and foil combo does make it more tender but you still have the ability to slice quite thinly. i do not have a slicer and prefer to use my fredrick dick round nose carving knife.
the 1st time i did the above method our best brisket customer Jean said don't change a thing. she is in her 70's and loves brisket so i use her for my quality gaugesince she is not afraid to give her honest opinion and more importantly is extremely specific on the definition of exactly what she doesn't care for and/or likes. she hates two things #1 is fat and by using this method the fat seems to melt away especially on the reheat. and #2 she is very specific about tenderness and moistness and the reheat method is what she likes the best. nicest part is she goes out of her way to tell people standing in line to order the brisket and we don't even pay her!!!
as an aside if we do have any unsliced leftover i just film and foil it and throw it into the rig freezer. have even reheated the reheat that way with the same results.
jack
ps. this method also allows me to buy brisket when it is on sale and cook and freeze it for later use to maximize my profit but at no penalty to my overall quality.