Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hi, I have been a smokette owner for about 17 months and a lurker for about that long also. Now that I have assurances from Smokin Okie that he won't bite I decided to post. I am a single 27 yr old in Las Vegas (woohoo!!! but the meat is horrendous, thank god for Sam's and Costco). I grew up in Kansas City so I was practically raised on BBQ; Gates, Haywards, Sneeds, Bryants, Boardroom, LC's, Quicks 42nd St, etc. When I moved out here in 1998 it was quite a culture shock to say the least, and not just BBQ wise, but that's another story.
I got my smokette a a few months after I bought my house, two years after I moved to Vegas, and I will admit the first couple months I was pretty terrible at smoking (except pork butt, thats a cinch)but after learning the value of a Polder and the wealth of great techniques from all of the people on this board I have become very proud of my work. It just keeps getting better and better.
Anyway, I apologize for not posting sooner but I honestly did not get really into this hobby until six or seven months ago even though I have owned the smoker much longer. By the way, my name is Jed. The floydcash was a long time ago and it basically is for Pink Floyd and Johnny Cash, two of my favorites. Once again thanks to everyone and its good to finally jump into the mix.
Jed