Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hi, most of you know me: I am Donna Johnson and I am a co-owner of Cookshack along with my brother Mark and Stuart (who is not my brother but he is a joy to work with).

I am going to go all mushy here. My Mom and Dad started Cookshack in the 60's. It literally started from nothing, in their backyard. Mark and I joined the business in 1980 or '81, I can't remember. My Dad was one of those entrepreneurs who could not delegate a thing and they were killing themselves. Mark and I took a huge load from them, and we saw sales increase rapidly. My parents died in a boating accident in 1985. Stuart joined us in 1990 (?) or thereabouts. Here is the mushy part: my Dad would have absolutely loved this Forum. He had a vision of making a smoking machine that everyone could use to make great barbecue with no mystery. From what you all are saying, he did it. We at Cookshack do truly think of you as part of a great big bbq family.

Now I am dripping tears and have to stop. Sorry for all this, I know some of you are thinking Too Much Information!

Donna

PS The spice blends and Spicy Sauce are my mother's recipes. My dad invented the smokers, but Mom gets credit, too!