Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

My name is Reto and being from Switzerland I guess I would pass as an expatBBQ. Got introduced to Q while studying and working in the US and now being back in Switzerland - where one cannot get ribs, butts etc - I am in process of buying - probably - and offset. Thanks for all the hints I got on here about how our butcher should cut ribs and what kind of smoker has what advantages. It makes life abroad easier and my wife (american - we both met in Washington DC which has at least one good BBQ place) is looking forward to the things that I might produce in the offset.

This is a great forum - thanks folks from cookshack to have this on here and let non-CS people participate.

My only request might be to further expand the 101 section - it makes the life of a newbie much easier - and don't forget to put in as many pictures of the meat cuts as possible for all the folks abroach that encounter blank looks from the local butcher when asking about US-style meatcuts Big Grin

During the day I am managing an IT team. We are developing software to support humanitarian demining worldwide. our website

Reto