Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hi!

Just call me Kate. I'm an import to Park Falls, Wisconsin, way north! I was born a Hoosier, but lived most of my life down in the Islands, where oddly enough, I discovered Texas BBQ. I owned an English styled Fish and Chips Shop (shack) in St. Thomas. My husband is a native Wisconsinite, so here I am. We have a reindeer farm. No, we do not BBQ them! They are for displays and parades, not eating. Of course that is winter work and we needed a summertime gig. So, we are putting together a BBQ Concession Trailer. They are a bit more picky up here on Health and Safety standards than in the Islands! Still, they made me jump through hoops down there that you never see stateside, so I'll not complain too much. We are waiting for our brand new FEC 100 to arrive in a few weeks. It was on this forum that I became convinced that it was just the right unit for us. Thank you! Anyway ... I hope that I can contribute a bit and I know that I have already learned a lot on this forum. This is a great place! Thanks for being here !

Kate

PS Not complaining, but has anyone noticed those nasty cockroaches on the top of the page in the ads? They gross me out!
Makes me recall the giant sized ones we had in the Islands. I think you call them Palmettos in Florida, something else in Texas, Mahogany Birds in St. Thomas, but a roach is a roach by any other name in my book! Just gross! Wink