Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hello everyone,
my name is Sal. I've been lurking here for approximately 2 weeks now. Lots of great information here. I just got a CS 008 last weekend from a buddy of mine who thought I would make better use of it than he since I'm always grilling/smoking/BBQ'ing something. I've have been Grilling/BBQ'ing since I was 12-13 years old. Always had to be around the Fire & aroma of Grilled/BBQ'ed foods. All the family functions I was the one who grilled/BBQ'ed all the meats. This was great experience. In College, The Frat Bros asked if anyone had experience with BBQ'ing/grilling & I was the only Fool to raise my hand & well you can guess how I spent a good portion of my College time. It was fun however & now I associate BBQ/Grillin'/Smokin'with such fun great memories that will last a lifetime! After college I went on to smokin' on ECB, BGE, New Braunfels Offset & then ultimately on a Pitts & Spitts offset Smoker. The Results On the P&S's was awesome albeit labor intensive & time Consuming. Today I'm smoking a 12 lbs. Brisket to test out the CS. (I wouldn't even think about that in the P&S's with the cold weather today. Just to many variables to play with.) I'm very pleased with this new method of smoker so far! It's 40 degree's & raining steady & the CS is chuggin' along just great & the smell is wonderful. Now, some of my buddies would accuse me of preparing Lazy-Q but I see it as minimizing the variables to get a consistantly great product. I my just use this CS as a go to cooker in my stable of cookers!
Thanks a bunch for all the great info, photos & ideas.
Sal