Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Tony here from New Jersey, about 30 miles from Philly. Been grilling for years. Got a Chargriller w/SFB as a gift from my wife last Father's Day, and I've been smoking ever since.
Was looking for a smoker that didn't take up a lot of my time nursing the temps and also a smoker that I could use in the cold months and during those windy days. Thought about getting a gas smoker, but the propane expense caused me to think about something else. Thought about the WSM, which is good. But again, still had to be concerned with the wind or other slight modifications for problem-free smokes. Then someone mentioned on another BBQ forum, the Cookshack smokers. So I came here and read quite a few posts and asked a few questions. I've mostly been lurking over on the Cookshack Owners Forum.
Well after a few days of thinking it over, I bought the SM50. I was going to get the Smokette, but thought I'd need a larger size, even though I don't BBQ for many folks most times. But still having the larger smoker negates me having to worry whether I have enough space in my smoker. And I'll always have my Chargriller on stand-by if needed. I received and seasoned my SM50 yesterday, and I'll be buying a butt of some sort today. So, sometime this weekend I'll have my first completed smoked product from my CS, and I really hope that I'll be satisfied with my purchase.