Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

HI All my name is Ray you can call me Swede since I am 1/2 Swede. My username is Swede44mag because I hunt with a DW 44Mag pistol.

I don't care to cook in the house but if I can cook it outside I love to. My kids thought when we were camping that it was funny watching dad cook sausage over a grill with a few rocks to prop it up and some charcoal for heat, but they found out it was real good I used the same method for fish only used some tinfoil on the grill with a few slits cut to let the grease drip out.

I have tried a couple of water cookers one charcoal and one electric. Not being insulated I couldn't keep the heat up but not to worry I used several big pieces of cardboard to keep the wind off but I thought there still had to be a better way. So I bought a wood smoker with a firebox attached to the end it worked great for steak and hamburger but to do an indirect heat and use the firebox for smoking just didn't work to well.

One of my friends bought an electric smoker with a motor that feeds in little biscuit size pieces of compressed wood. He likes his smoker but I don't want to be dependent on little compressed biscuits to be able to smoke. Then I came across another brand like your CookShack at our local sporting good store. I was going to buy one but they were all out and didn't know when they would have them back in stock. I was looking on the internet at one of the web sites that sells sporting goods and they have a CookShack Smokette II Item: QW-516030 listed I don't know if it is the same as a SM009 but it looks the same. If I can only talk the wife into letting me buy one I will be set. I have learned several tips on your forum and look forward to learning more. Christmas is not that far away maybe miss Santa (the wife) will buy me a CookShack.