Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hi Everyone,
My name is Ray and I hail from Slave Lake Alberta Canada. I'm a relative newcomer to smoking with taking up the hobby maybe 6 months ago. I started out with a GOSM but with our rather harsh Canadian winters (-50F just awhile back) I found myself looking for a smoker that would fullfill my needs and be able to be used in the garage. Being that we have lockers with snowmobile clothing and a classic car, I was looking for something that sealed well, was easy to maintain and relatively big. I will be rigging up an overhead hood to expell the smoke. I received a tip about Cookshack and their smokers from another BBQ website and low and behold after reading the forums and hearing of the quality and customer support, my new Amerique is due to arrive any day. Bought all the goodies, fish racks, extra wood, cover, cold smoke kit etc. Have snooped around here a bit but thought it was time to introduce myself as I would imagine that I will be leaning on a few of the experts on the board as from what I have been reading, the style of smoking that I am used to will be different using the new Cookshack. I absolutly enjoy ribs of all kinds and am looking forward to a feast once I get the new unit all seasoned up. I received a lot of flack over the amount of money I spent on our new unit but the sceptics have been known to mysteriously show up when they know I'm smoking something. Its as thou they have a remote sense of when my que is almost ready! LOL. Hopefully the new addition will be the one that I am expecting it to be and will provide me the results I have been able to acheive with my GOSM. Counting the days now and watching for the truck to arrive. Can hardly wait....haven't had anything smoked for 3 months and I am a smokeaholic and near going into seizures for some smoked ribs!!!Cheers everyone!