Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Hey all! My name is Ken and I'm from what's known as Green Country, in NE Oklahoma. I think we named it that to let people know that Oklahoma is not all dust and flat. And too, this area of Oklahoma has more miles of shoreline than just about any other state. Lots of lakes, rolling hills and trees.

The great movie "The Grapes of Wrath" left everyone but us Okies, thinking Oklahoma is home to a bunch of Hillbillies. Well I'm here to tell you that I personally know 3 or 4 Okies that are not Hillbillies Big Grin And let me tell you, Hillbillies can do "Q"

Seriously, I love food and I love to cook it. I've had a Weber Kettle for over 20 years and I've smoked turkeys, pork loins, country-style ribs, wings, veggies, balogna....well you get the idea. Couldn't do without my Weber. I also have an off-set wood smoker that I've done everything from turkeys, hams, balogna, brisket, ribs....well, again you get the idea.

About a month ago I bought a CookShack 008 Big Grin Big Grin I absolutely can not say enough about the CS. It is sooo EASY and the compliments I've been getting is enough to make a man Red Face

I want to thank everybody on the forum for the great topics, information and recipes. I hope I will eventually be able to add some productive and informative posts.

In the meantime....