Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Greetings from the drizzly Pacific Northwest!

I discovered your forum last week, and was impressed with what's available, thanks for offering this.

I discovered BBQ while living in Jonesboro, AR, for 4 of my boyhood years. I've traveled the country and have had the pleasure of sampling a number of varieties, but It wasn't until just yesterday that I discover why people are so passionate about making the stuff themselves. I also realized why southerners consider BBQ such a sacred thing, and why they shun us left-coasters for calling grilled chicken & hamburgers, BBQ. Well, I had printed SmokinOkies tips as well as his serving sauce recipe for pulled pork, and I couldn't have been more happier with the outcome. Thank you!

I realize this site is primarily for Cookshack owners, which I hope to be someday. Right now I'm using a Char-Broil smoker with offset firebox. It works well, but I can certainly appreciate the convenience of a Cookshack; I felt like I had to check my cooking temp every 30 min... which is a pain in the butt when I'm trying to do yard work at the same time.