Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

Howdy,

As I said in one of recent posts, I am a long-time lurker. My brother back in Connecticut owns a Smokette and got me into this list back in '05. He has raved about his smoker for quite some time.
I learned about real BBQ (as opposed to mere "grilling") when I was stationed down in North Carolina at Bragg. Since then, my love for pork, brisket & ribs has grown exponentially. I've had plenty of different smokers over the years, even a home-made job.
I work at the state health department in Colorado and part of my job puts me in kitchens all over and I get to spend a lot of time talking about food with chefs from all kinds of schools. I like being active, but something tells me I'm going to have to be a lot more active if I keep using my new Cookshack smoker.
I recently purchased a model SM050 and the very first brisket I pulled out of it was spot on and a real sock knocker-offer. I dunno how much I'll actually post on this forum as their are plenty of experts with more info than I have, but if you have any food safety questions, I'll do my best.

Peace,
JCS