Skip to main content

Reply to "Introduce Yourself -- Time for a CS RollCall"

New to the site, been reading for about two weeks, and my account got activated yesterday.

Fell in love with the Amerique and ordered one after seeing the Holiday Smoker Discount deal posted over the Thanksgiving weekend. Called and talked to Karen on last Monday Nov 29th, she said the smoker would ship the next week. Got an email last Friday Dec 3rd, that the Amerique was shipping on Dec 6th and ETA Dec 9th, can't wait for it to get here.

I have never done any smoking, my buddy does and I have watched over is shoulder a lot and have always wanted to, but didn't have the time to watch the temp and add charcoal/wood. Well the Amerique is just what I needed.

Going to go to Wegmans today to look at meat and talk to the butcher about getting a good brisket or pork butt. My buddy suggested "Two Fat Guys Butcher" in Front Royal, Va. But it's to far to drive this week, so next time I go to his house I will call before hand and have them order me some meat. But he said Wegmans should have good meat too.

am sure I will have some questions, but trying to find answers before asking.

One thing I haven't seen is whether the Rib Racks are really needed. I ordered two as an after thought and was just wondering if I really need them.

Can't wait to get my first meat smoking, I am thinking a Brisket. Would really like Ribs, but it seems they are not a good first cook. from what I have read.

Thank You
Wayne B